Students from more than 70 countries attend UMass Amherst, and they are an essential part of our diverse campus community. As an international student, you will benefit from the full range of opportunities and resources that UMass Amherst offers, as well as the support and guidance of the International Programs Office IPO. We hope you’ll find UMass Amherst a welcoming home away from home.
UMass Amherst International Students Undergraduate Requirements
Requirements to be met by all international students:
- A complete common application
- Application Fee (fee waivers are not accepted)
- English Language Proficiency
- Official Transcripts from Post-Secondary Institutions
- Transfer Credit Evaluations
For more information on UMass Amherst International Students Undergraduate Requirements click here.
To apply for an Undergraduate Program click here.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the Continuing & Professional Education Admissions Office.
UMass Amherst International Students Graduate School Requirements
Applicants from international countries who apply for admission must submit the following materials to the Graduate School:
- A completed Application Form
- A $75 application fee. This fee cannot be waived or deferred.
- An International Student Sponsor Statement is required of all international students
- One official transcript from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, where 6 or more credits were taken are required
- Letters of recommendation (academic references) from two (2) professors or instructors who have taught you in courses in the field you are applying to here.
- Scores from the following standard examinations:
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)-General Test required by nearly all graduate program
- GRE SUBJECT TEST (not a universal requirement)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test)-for graduate applicants to Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, and Sport Management
- English Language Test: Either TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System)-only the academic version of test is accepted, or PTE Academic (Pearson test of English)
For more information on UMass Amherst International Students Graduate School Requirements click here.
To apply for a Graduate program click here.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the UMass Amherst Graduate Admissions Office.