UMass Lowell is enriched by the unique perspectives, cultures and native languages of our international students, scholars and employees who hail from more than 60 countries.
UMass Lowell International Students Undergraduate Requirements
Requirements to be met by all international students:
- International students registering for the Division of Online and Continuing Education classes must provide proof of non-immigrant status. Please submit a copy of your current visa document (Form I-20, DS-2019, Form I-797, Employee Authorization Card, etc.), visa stamp and I-94 card, with your registration form.
- Students with F-1 or J-1 student status from an institution other than UMass Lowell are not permitted to be enrolled at UMass Lowell. F-1 and J-1 students from another academic institution must obtain the consent of their U.S. sponsoring institution should they wish to enroll in courses at UMass Lowell. Such consent will be reviewed by the International Students & Scholars Office at UMass Lowell. They will not be permitted to be full-time or degree seeking students at UMass Lowell while maintaining F-1 or J-1 student status from another academic institution.
- Students holding B-1 and B-2 status, may not register for any academic classes.
- Students on F-2 status may not register for full-time classes or be enrolled in a degree program.
- The University of Massachusetts Lowell does not issue a student visa document (i.e., Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, etc.) to students for any Online and Continuing Education Programs.
- The ultimate responsibility to know and follow the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations rests upon the students themselves. Please contact the International Students and Scholars Office with any questions.
For more information on UMass Lowell International Students Undergraduate Requirements click here.
To apply for an Undergraduate Program click here.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the The Division of Online and Continuing Education Office.
UMass Lowell International Students Graduate School Requirements
Applicants from international countries who apply for admission must submit the following materials to the Graduate School:
- An application
- An application fee
- A statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- Official test score report
- Resume (MBA, Health Management and Policy, Education Ed.D. and related certificates only)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
For more information on UMass Lowell International Students Graduate School Requirements click here.
To apply for a Graduate program click here.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions Office.
International Student and Scholars Office