Get the Best of Both Worlds, Online AND In Person with UMass Lowell's New Blended Master's Degree Program in Health Informatics and Management
Offered through UMass Lowell's School of Health and Environment, this multidisciplinary program is designed to produce health care managers and policy professionals with the knowledge and expertise that are essential to the delivery of high quality, cost-effective health services, as well as the design, analysis and evaluation of public health and private sector health policies. The program focuses on strategies and methods that positively contribute to the improvement of health, particularly in areas of critical health needs and under-served populations.
Courses in this blended program feature a combination of face-to-face and online classes, maximizing the students' convenience, while still allowing them the opportunity to interact with their faculty and fellow students in person.
Concentrations are available in:
- Health Management
- Health Informatics
Graduate Certificate Programs
In addition to the 12-course master's degree program, UMass Lowell offers three 4-course, graduate-level certificate programs in:
- Health Care Management
- Health Informatics
- Health Policy
Students who successfully complete one of these three certificate programs can also count the certificate courses toward the master's degree in Health Informatics and Management.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
For more information, visit UMass Lowell's Health Informatics and Management Blended Programs website.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$570|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1740 (570x3crds. = 1710 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
For more information on the Master's Degree in Health Management and Policy, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Program Information Page.
*Applicable when checks returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Satisfactory completion of the prerequisite Statistics course
Note: A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score are only needed if the student does not complete the courses from one of the Blended Graduate Certificate Programs in Health Care Management, Health Informatics or Health Policy with a 3.5 or better GPA.
For additional information on the application process for UMass Lowell's Online Graduate degrees and certificates, visit http://www.uml.edu/grad/.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email email@example.com.