The Online Certificate in Meeting & Event Management prepares students for a career in the ever-popular meeting and event industry. This certificate program is designed to teach students all aspects of event and meeting management, including the selection of appropriate meeting sites, pre-event publicity and marketing, audio-visual aids, budgeting, negotiation, and contracts.
The Certificate in Meeting & Event Management is part of the Isenberg Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) program, ranked #1 nationally Best Online Bachelor of Science in HTM (thebestschools.org) and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
• HT-MGT 260 Hospitality Personnel Management
• HT-MGT 334 Special Events Management
• HT-MGT 337 Meeting, Convention and Exposition Management
• HT-MGT 350 Food Service Management
• HT-MGT 332 Convention Sales management or HT-MGT 336 Club Management
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
To learn more or get started, visit Online Certificate in Meeting and Event Management or Apply Now.
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS AND KANSAS:
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is presently not accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$525|
|Registration Fee per semester||$45|
|Total for course***||$1620 (525x3 credits = 1575 + 45 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online ranked 1st in Top 10 Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Tourism Management Program, The Best Schools, 2012
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online ranked 2nd Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree Program, The Best Schools, 2012
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online BBA ranked 3rd Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree Program, The Best Colleges, 2011
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online MBA ranked 22nd Best Part-time MBA, US News & World Report, 2013
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online MBA ranked 22nd Best Online MBA, US News & World Report, 2013
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg MBA ranked 51st Best Graduate Business School for 2014, US News & World Report, 2013
- UMass Amherst, Isenberg Online MBA ranked 28th Best Part-time MBA, US News, 2012
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, The Best Colleges, 2011
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world, Times of London
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges, Online Degree Reviews.com, 2009
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education
Applicants must have completed 24 credits of college level course work or 2 years of relevant industry experience. The HTM certificate application can be found here and is accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact us at:
For certificate programs, you may be eligible for a direct consumer alternative loan. Private loans do not require school certification and proceeds are paid directly to the borrower. When looking for loans, please make sure you specify to the lender that you are looking for a "Direct to consumer loan" or that it is for Continuing Education classes. Financial aid is not available since certificate programs are not degree granting.
For additional information, please visit www.teri.org (to apply for the Continuing Education TERI loan) or www.salliemae.com (to apply for the Continuing Education loan). UMass Amherst does not endorse any individual alternative loan - you should compare programs and choose those that best fit your needs.
If you are U.S. active military or a veteran, contact your Base Education Officer on how to use your benefits, or contact UMass Veteran Services at: