You are hereHome ›
Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program
The Degree Completion Program allows you the most flexible and convenient way to finish your degree. This 30 credit (ten courses) program offers returning students with 90 or more credits the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Arts - totally online.
The requirements for this program have been packaged in such a way that you will benefit from a well-rounded and integrated learning experience that also affords you maximum credit for previously completed coursework no matter what your previous major or area of study. You'll enjoy a program of study that provides a solid foundation in academic skills, as well as an interdisciplinary content focused on contemporary issues in public policy, social sciences and applied liberal arts.
- Outstanding Faculty
- Flexible and Convenient
- Maximum credit for previously completed coursework no matter what your previous major or area of study
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program.
Registration is administered through College of Advancing and Professional Studies at UMass Boston. Payment is due upon registration. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$330|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$25|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$25|
|Total for course***||$990 (330x3 credits = 990)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell's B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
To be eligible for entry into the program, you must have completed 90 or more credits in a liberal arts, social science or professional-related major at an accredited college or university. A GPA of 2.5 or higher is required for our programs.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to the program, please call Enrollment Information Services at 617.287.6000 to request an application and information about financial aid.
Admission is competitive - Apply early!
1. Read application form instructions carefully. Click here for the application.
2. Complete application form and sign the bottom of the fifth page of the application.
3. Request official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
4. If you are applying for Financial Aid, please fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- Next, download your required Financial Aid Forms here.
- Check your financial aid status using WISER.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login