You are hereHome ›
Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction: Science Education Option, M.Ed.
This online degree program for Science Teachers is a degree program developed UMass Lowell's Education, Science and Engineering faculty. The Master's Degree for Science Teachers, combines the expertise of university education, science and engineering faculty, and K-12 teachers to provide online science and science education courses that are inquiry-based and have a strong hands-on component. Aided by kits of materials developed by course instructors, participants engage in a variety of guided and open-ended inquiries as the primary means of developing their understanding of the concepts. In addition, participants assess their own science teaching and use the strategies presented to design learning experiences for their own classrooms.
- First - Rate Faculty
- Commitment to preparing practitioners who will be leaders in educational improvement and reform
- Courses are shared, but the degree programs have different requirements
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
For more information on the Online Degree Program for Science Teachers, please visit the UMass Lowell website.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Existing students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Intercampus Student Information System (ISIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$465|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1425 (465x3crds. = 1395+ 30 registration fee per sem.)|
For more information on the Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Program Information page or email UMass Lowell's Graduate School of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applicable when checks returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The Graduate School of Education (GSE) is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) , and is one of the region's leading providers of graduate-level programs in education.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Apply online at http://www.uml.edu/grad at the UMass Lowell Graduate School Website for program Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed.) - When submitting your statement of purpose indicate that you are applying for the Science Education Online Concentration.
Applications can be found online at the UMA Graduate School web page: click here. You may complete the initial form and submit the application fee online. Apply to the Education [Secondary Teacher Education] M.Ed. (or CAGS). The specialization is "Science Off-Campus--Science Education Online." You must then send two letters of recommendation, two copies of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, where 6 or more credits were taken are required, and a one to two-page essay explaining your reason for seeking acceptance to this degree program.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email email@example.com.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login