The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: Autism Studies Option is a 30-credit (10-course) master's degree program which can be completed entirely online. Offered through UMass Lowell's Graduate School of Education in cooperation with the Psychology Department, this interdisciplinary program combines UMass Lowell's award-winning Behavioral Intervention in Autism online graduate certificate program with one of the University's most popular online Master's degree programs in Curriculum and Instruction. Please note: This program does not lead to teacher licensure.
Candidates interested in pursuing this Master's Degree Option must first complete four of the courses as part of the Online Graduate Certificate Program in Behavioral Intervention in Autism.
Generally, all four certificate courses will be transferred into the M.Ed. degree (if the candidate has earned a grade of B or better); however, if the candidate has taken an elective as part of the certificate, that is not also on the list of courses below, this course will be assessed by faculty for its appropriateness for the M.Ed.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Master's Degree Program in Curriculum and Instruction: Autism Studies Option (M.Ed.)
RESIDENTS OF MINNESOTA, ALABAMA, ARKANSAS AND KANSAS:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Minnesota, Alabama, Arkansas or Kansas.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Existing students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Intercampus Student Information System (ISIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$535 Psychology /$465 Education|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$30|
|Total for course**||
$1635 / $1425
(fee per credit x 3crds. = Tuition plus a $30 per semester reg. fee)
For more information on the Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Program Information Page or email UMass Lowell's Graduate School of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applicable when checks returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Candidates seeking the Master's in Curriculum & Instruction: Autism Studies Option must first apply into and complete the Graduate Certificate in Behavioral Intervention in Autism. Upon successful completion of the Certificate Program (with a grade of B or better in each of the courses), students may then apply into the Master's Degree in Curriculum & Instruction: Autism Studies Option.
Additional information on the application procedures for both the certificate program and the master's degree can be found at http://www.uml.edu/grad
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email email@example.com.