Doctor of Nursing Practice (Amherst)
The UMASS Amherst Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program, open since 2006, was one of the very first online BS to DNP programs and has won a number of national and regional awards for excellence in online education. We have a history of consistent positive student outcomes and a wealth of experience, expertise, and high student satisfaction levels. We have students and alumni all over the U.S. and in at least three foreign countries. This program will help you develop the advanced practice knowledge and skills you need to manage patients as well as lead health care systems, evaluate and apply research and other forms of evidence, enhance and evaluate clinical outcomes, and help facilitate progress toward more effective and sustainable health care. The DNP program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Choose one of the following concentrations: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Public Health Nurse Leader (PHNL), or Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. If you already are a certified advanced practice nurse with a MSN, choose our all online MS to DNP completion program, requiring a minimum of 36 semester credits and a plan of study designed individually by portfolio review.
For details on the curriculum, please click here.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on the inquire now button to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Amherst Doctor of Nursing Practice Program.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$750|
|Registration Fee per semester||$45|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
|Total for course***||$2295 (750x3 credits = 2250 + 45 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
There is also a one-time $300 Graduate Registrar's Service Fee, which is a one-time fee paid by all entering matriculated graduate students.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The UMass Amherst Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association
Application deadline for the class that starts Fall of each year is December 15th. The College of Nursing will continue to accept applications until all seats are filled. Please complete the request for more information to the right for more details.
The application is a two part process. The applicant must fill out an application to the Graduate School available at 413.545.0721 or online at www.umass.edu/gradschool.
The College of Nursing requires supplemental materials to the Graduate School Application. These additional materials can be uploaded to the Graduate School Application. Click here to review the required materials.
Financial aid is available in the form of graduate loans. Information is available at www.umass.edu/umfa/. Additional aid opportunities include grants, fellowships, traineeships, assistantships, minority student assistantships, and employment opportunities.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login