You are hereHome ›
Doctor of Nursing Practice (Amherst)
Earn the highest professional clinical credential available through a program at the forefront of advanced nursing practice - and keep working while you build your degree.
Today's complex health care environment has created an extraordinary demand for nurses educated at a level of increasing responsibilities and capabilities. In response to this need, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing has endorsed that advanced practice nurses be prepared with a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree by the year 2015.
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice program is ahead of the curve in its comprehensive clinical design and advanced practice approach, delivered through flexible online coursework with our expert faculty. Build the cutting-edge skills you need to manage and lead health care systems, evaluate and apply research, and reduce barriers to care as you promote better patient outcomes and spur progress toward a more effective and sustainable health care system.
For details on the curriculum, please click here.
- First - Rate Faculty
- Commitment to the Student Experience
- 2 Concentrations: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Public Health Nursing Leader (PHNL)
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on the inquire now button to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Amherst Doctor of Nursing Practice Program.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$750|
|Registration Fee per semester||$45|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
|Total for course***||$2295 (750x3 credits = 2250 + 45 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
There is also a one-time $300 Graduate Registrar's Service Fee, which is a one-time fee paid by all entering matriculated graduate students.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association
Application deadline for the class that starts Fall of each year is February 1st. Applications received after the February 1 st deadline will be forwarded to the following year's application pool. The application is a two part process. The applicant must fill out an application to the Graduate School available at 413.545.0721 or online at www.umass.edu/gradschool, in addition to the School of Nursing Application.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
- For more information please click here.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login