You are hereHome ›
Online Green Building Professional Development Series
Sustainable living is a vital issue on many people's minds today. Mainstream public and politicians alike have resolved to reduce pollution and waste and reverse global warming. This is particularly true for those in the building industry, whose daily decisions have a critical impact on the health and well-being of the community and the environment; building accounts for approximately 40% of U.S. primary energy consumption (USDOE 2004).
Green Building is a world-wide movement to create cleaner and more energy efficient buildings. From energy and water sustainability to recycling of dumpster debris. This program focuses on professional training in environmentally responsible, green building practices.
- Sustainable Building and LEED Certification
- Energy Efficient Housing
- The Built Environment
- Green Building and Indoor Environmental Quality
- Sustainable Sites for Green Building
The professional series is unique in that you can earn undergraduate credit or if you already have an undergraduate degree and are looking simply for professional development, continuing education credit options are available. For those interested in completing this series and then earn a Bachelor's degree, this is the perfect place to start as all credits earned through this series may be applied to a University Without Walls Green Building Design and Construction degree completion program.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Sample a Course
Click here for more information on the UMass Amherst Online Green Professional Development Series.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Credit||$350 -$550 per credit|
|Non-Credit||$650 - $1250 per class|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association
Who should enroll?
- Architects, Engineers, Builders and Building Officials who wish to enhance their knowledge of sustainable building methods and materials.
- Design and construction professionals who desire a deeper understanding of the environmental impact of construction and ways to mitigate it.
- Real estate professionals seeking a program that provides practical training.
- LEED AP professionals looking for a program that will complement their credentials.
For more information please contact Dr. Dave Damery, Associate Professor
Phone: 413-545-1770 or email: email@example.com
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
For more information please click here.
Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
When you register for classes, please contact the Continuing Education Business Office (413-545-0337) to let them know you that you have applied/are applying for financial aid. Also, it is in your best interest to register for your classes either by phone or fax (413-545-3653 ph; 413-545-0513 fax). If you do not intend to apply for financial aid, you can register online.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login