Master of Science in Health Informatics and Management -- Now Available Entirely Online!
Offered through UMass Lowell's Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, this multidisciplinary program is designed to produce health care management and health informatics professionals with the knowledge and expertise essential to the delivery of high quality, cost-effective health services, and critical in the design, analysis and evaluation of public health and private sector health systems.
This convenient and flexible program -- which is available entirely online -- focuses on strategies and methods that positively contribute to the improvement of health, particularly in areas of critical health needs and under-served populations.
Concentrations are available in:
Graduate Certificate Programs
In addition to the 12-course master's degree program, UMass Lowell offers two 4-course, graduate-level certificate programs in:
- Health Care Management
- Health Informatics
Students who successfully complete one of these two certificate programs can also count the certificate courses toward the Master's Degree in Health Informatics and Management.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please submit the request form to the right.
Visit UMass Lowell's Master of Science in Health Informatics and Management: Management Concentration or Master of Science in Health Informatics and Management: Informatics Concentration webpages for more information.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$575|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1755 (575x3crds. = 1725 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
*Applicable when checks returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Satisfactory completion of the prerequisite Statistics course
Note: A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score are only needed if the student does not complete the courses from one of the Graduate Certificate Programs in Health Management or Health Informatics with a 3.5 or better GPA.
For additional information on the application process for UMass Lowell's Online Graduate degrees and certificates, visit https://www.uml.edu/grad/.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.