The Certificate of Business Studies is a credit-based program consisting of five core Isenberg School of Management courses.
This program is intended for students who want to broaden their academic background with business courses without completing a bachelor's degree program. It is also ideal for students who are planning to pursue graduate level work in business or for anyone who needs a business background to advance their professional goals and personal goals. In addition, students may benefit from our active alumni network and our national reputation. The Professional MBA Program will accept the Certificate of Business Studies as the Foundations Course for those who do not have an undergraduate degree in Business Administration. The five courses are: Introduction to Business (SCH-MGMT 197I), Introduction to Accounting I (ACCOUNTG 221), Corporation Finance (FINOPMGT 301), Fundamentals of Marketing (MARKETNG 301) and Principles of Management (MANAGMNT 301).
A great way to experience the Online Certificate of Business Studies Program is to try a business course or two. For more information, please contact Tania Fuller.
- First - Rate Faculty
- Commitment to the Student Experience
- Tradition of Leadership in Business Education
For more information on the Isenberg School of Management Online Certificate of Business Studies Program click here.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing and Professional Education. Payment is due upon registration. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$400|
|Registration Fee per semester||$40|
|Education Service Fee per semester||$0|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$25|
|Total for course***||$1240(400x3crds. = 1200 + 40 reg. fee per sem.)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst is fully accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB- International). AACSB - International is a professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for business programs around the world. The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
The University of Massachusetts was ranked 22nd Best University in North America and 45th Best in the World by the Times of London.
- Winner, United States Distance Learning Association, 21st Century Best Practices Award, 2005
- Winner, Sloan-C Excellence Awards - Excellence in Faculty Development, 2005 (UMassLowell)
- Winner, Sloan-C Excellence Awards – Excellence in Online Programming, 2005(UMass Lowell)
- Winner, Sloan-C Excellence Awards – Excellence in Online Teaching, 2005 (UMass Lowell)
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- Med School, 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports, 2005
There are no admissions requirements, but you do need to sign up with Tania Fuller, Coordinator of the Isenberg School Online Program at 413.577.2760 or via email at email@example.com. To qualify for the Certificate, all courses must be completed with a grade of C or better for each course.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
- For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact Janet DaSilva, our Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services. You may reach her at 413.545.3353 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact the Continuing Education Business Office (413-545-0337) to let them know you that you have applied/are applying for financial aid. Also, it is in your best interest to register for your classes either by phone or fax (413-545-3653 ph; 413-545-0513 fax). If you do not intend to apply for financial aid, you can register online.
- For details on financial aid, please click here.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact Janet DaSilva, our Assistant Director of Financial Aid Services. You may reach her at 413.545.3353 or at email@example.com.
For non-degree students:
Please review the special alternative loans below.