The Graduate Certificate Program in Healthcare Informatics is a 12 credit program designed to facilitate the delivery of modern health care systems by focusing on concepts and tools that aid decision making in healthcare. The College of Management at UMass Boston is offering a unique and innovative online certificate consisting of four courses in the field of Healthcare Informatics.
The explosive advances in information technology combined with the current shifts in health care provision have created the need for skilled individuals who can develop, understand, manage and integrate medical information systems in organizations.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$575|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1725 (575 x 3 credits = 1725)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- UMass Boston's College of Management was recently ranked 32 for Information Management by QS TopMBA, highlighting the quality of our MSIT program and related specializations in the MBA.
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Admission to the graduate programs in the College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is selective and produces one of the best-qualified groups of graduate student cohorts in the Greater Boston area. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section for additional information.
Applicants for the Healthcare Informatics certificate will need to submit:
- Official online application and fee ($60 MA Residents)
- Official transcripts (completed bachelor’s degree required)
- Submission of TOEFL or IETLS score (required for all students that submit undergraduate transcripts where the national language is not English. Minimum required score for TOEFL is 85 to be considered).
- Resume (3-5 years of related work experience required)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Intent. Please express in less than 1000 words:
- Why are you interested in the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Informatics? How will the certificate enhance your career aspirations?
- What is your experience in the sustainability field, and what problems and issues are you interested in exploring further?
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- Next, download your required Financial Aid Forms here.
- Check your financial aid status using WISER.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.