Master your role. Gain the core skills every manager should master to help take your career to the next level.
UMass Amherst's UMass Donahue Institute (UMDI) offers a 100% online learning series for first-time managers or those with limited experience managing direct reports who are looking to effectively engage, develop, and retain talent while driving the performance of their team.
Flexible Online Learning
The management series is broken out into two sessions: Core Skills and Supplemental Skills.
Each session is made up of six webinars offered over six consecutive weeks beginning April 13, 2022, and can be taken in succession or individually depending on a person's level of experience.
Session I - Core Skills (April through May 2022):
- Module 1: Your Role as a Manager
- Module 2: Communicating as a Manager
- Module 3: Helping Your People to Grow through Coaching
- Module 4: Providing Effective Feedback
- Module 5: Conducting a Performance Review
- Module 6: Motivating Others
Session II – Supplemental Skills (May through June 2022):
- Module 7: Conflict Management
- Module 8: Effective Problem Solving
- Module 9: Managing a Virtual Team
- Module 10: How to Develop a Process Mindset
- Module 11: Conducting an Effective Interview
- Module 12: Running Effective Meetings
Each webinar meets Wednesdays from 3:00pm – 4:30pm EST. Webinars are recorded so participants who have signed up for the series can make up any they have missed.
Participation in both sessions (Core & Supplemental Skills - Twelve Modules): $1,000 per student. Save $500 enrolling in both sessions versus in one webinar at a time.
Participation in one of the two sessions (Core or Supplemental Skills – Six Modules): $600 per student.
Participation for one webinar at a time: $125 per student.
Learn from experienced faculty and distinguished leaders within their field who have over 50 years of combined experience strategizing, consulting, and developing organizational leadership development programs across a wide range of industries and organizations around the world.