Economics is the science of decision-making. Economists identify and analyze the costs and benefits of financial and social decisions. As an economics major at UMass Dartmouth, you'll learn how to advise businesses and government on economic issues, collect and analyze data, interpret and forecast market trends, and research economic issues while designing policies to solve them.
UMass Dartmouth's innovative curriculum provides a sound theoretical foundation in economic theory and economic statistics by focusing on a variety of applied fields. By focusing on international, national, and regional economic problems, issues and policies you'll gain the practical skills necessary for intelligent decision-making.
Economists pursue careers in business, economic journalism, finance, government, insurance, management, public policy and real estate. Your studies will also prepare you for graduate study in areas such as accounting, business and law.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Bachelor of Arts in Economics.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course (Online Only)||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,245-$1,344|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C Awards
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell’s Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- ‘Excellence in Online Teaching’ Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to Online and Continuing Education. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
1. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
2. International students should contact the Online and Continuing Education admissions counselor before applying.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact Online and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.