UMass Dartmouth's Bachelor of Political Science Online Degree Completion Program offers a fully online degree completion program to students who wish to earn a political science undergraduate degree. Students who complete the program receive a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. This program offers a pre-law concentration.
The Bachelor's in Political Science prepares graduates who are informed, critical, and articulate concerning public affairs.
By “informed”, we mean graduates who:
• understand concepts, theories and empirical findings in political science;
• possess basic research skills including research design, data analysis and interpretation; and
• can access, understand and synthesize professional and popular writing on public affairs.
By “critical”, we mean graduates who:
• are able to formulate and analyze arguments including their structure and force; and
• assess the relevance and weight of evidence
By “articulate”, we mean graduates who:
• are able to write clearly and persuasively; and
• are capable of organizing their ideas in a focused paper or presentation
With these skills, students will graduate capable of fulfilling the top three expectations of the new college-educated employee:
1. strong communication abilities (oral and written)
2. ability to assess a situation well and develop a course of action
3. an ability to work independently
Students who enter the political science degree completion program must hold a minimum of 24 earned credits and can transfer up to 75 credits from another institution. These credits can fulfill the major and general education courses that are pre-requisites for upper level course work in the political science major.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Political Science Online Degree Completion Program.
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, KANSAS, MARYLAND, and MINNESOTA RESIDENTS: UMass Dartmouth does not presently consider applications for online degree or certificate programs from applicants whose permanent residence is in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland or Minnesota because of the regulations resulting from legislation in these states. For details about regulations in your state that may affect your enrollment in an online program offered by another state, you may wish to consult your state's Department of Education and/or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at http://nc-sara.org/. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, UMass Dartmouth welcomes your application to a face-to-face program only.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1215|
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Admission & Degree Requirements
Eligible students for the Bachelor of Political Science Online Degree Completion Program must hold a minimum of 24 earned college credits to apply.
Up to 75 credits may be transferred into the program.
Students will work with a Political Science advisor to review their transfer credits and course plans.
A $30.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact the Professional and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at(508) 999-8632 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.