Earn an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing from UMass Dartmouth in just 17 months.
You’ve already earned a bachelor’s degree and now you know your career choice - nursing. You want a program that will get you into the job market as soon as possible. UMass Dartmouth’s College of Nursing offers an outstanding option for you to fulfill your dreams. This program builds on your prior learning experiences and prepares you to become a nurse.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field
- Must complete 7 prerequisite courses before enrolling in the program
- This hybrid program offers online classes complemented by face-to-face lab and clinical experiences
- Clinical rotation relationships with healthcare facilities throughout Massachusetts
For more information about this program, submit an inquiry through the form at the right.
Visit the UMass Dartmouth website to learn more about starting your Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Campus Center Fee||$15|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$2,058|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Our nursing program is accredited by the Commission on College Nursing Education (CCNE) and is in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registered Nursing.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
Students can have a bachelor’s degree in any field—it does not need to be a science field. The first Bachelor’s degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- GPA of 3.0 or better for your original degree.
- Complete 7 prerequisite courses before enrolling in the program. (One course may be outstanding at time of application.)
GPA of 3.2 is required for the prerequisites:
- Growth & Development Across the Life Span - 3 credits
- Anatomy & Physiology I with lab - 4 credits
- Anatomy & Physiology II with lab - 4 credits
- Chemistry - 3 credits
- Medical Microbiology with lab - 4 credits
- Nutrition - 3 credits
- Introduction/Basic Statistics - 3 credits
- 3 letters of recommendation (All letters must be professional references and at least one must be an academic reference)
- A statement of purpose in which you outline your reasons for pursuing a career in nursing; your skills and strengths which will help you succeed in this accelerated program; and what challenges you anticipate (maximum 600 words).
- A professional resume
- TEAS test scores are required for all students
- A TOEFL score is required if you do not hold an undergraduate degree from U.S. higher education institution
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 for August 2019 (Fall Term) admission
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid