UMass Amherst's Applied Behavioral Analysis Certification Preparation program provides graduate level professionals with an applied, research-based education in Applied Behavioral Analysis, while simultaneously preparing them to complete the Board Certified Behavior Analysis Certification Exam.
In this program ABA as it applies to autism will be addressed, along with an emphasis on other applications of behavioral analysis including, but not limited to systems level applications of positive behavior supports, extensions of ABA to students with intellectual or emotional/behavioral disorders, mild disabilities, and language/verbal behavior. Graduates of the program will therefore be positioned to:
- Become a traditional interventionist
- Provide professional consultation
- Conduct or supervise service delivery for agencies
- Utilize ABA for special education
- Develop a private practice, for example as a speech pathologist or home interventionist
- Supervise early intervention home programs
The 5 graduate courses that comprise this program are based on current research from the field. The 5th class in the program, a capstone class, provides learners with a hands-on opportunity to implement and integrate skills learned.
Courses in the program are as follows:
- Introduction to Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Tertiary Positive Behavior Supports
- Systems Level Positive Behavior Supports
- Single Subject Design
- Autism Capstone
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the UMass Amherst's Applied Behavioral Analysis Certification Preparation program.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$465|
|Registration Fee per semester||$45|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
|Total for course***||$1440 (465x3 credits = 1395 + 45 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
- For more information please click here.