The Business Foundations Graduate Certificate offers students who hold a bachelor's degree in a non-business area of study the opportunity to meet the demands of new careers in management or to advance their professional goals. This program is compatible with our MBA degree requirements, enabling certificate recipients to transition into the MBA program.
Certificate recipients who wish to apply for admission to the MBA program must follow the application requirements. The Business Foundations Certificate is a great option for students who want to continue their education at the graduate level and explore the world of business, and is intended for fully-employed individuals interested in career advancement, professional development, or a career change.
The purpose of the Business Foundations Graduate Certificate is to develop skills that enable individuals to operate more effectively in business organizations. The program’s graduates will:
- develop an understanding of statistics and analytical techniques;
- examine the environmental impacts of business operations;
- gain knowledge of basic accounting and finance concepts and practices; and
- develop an understanding of legal and regulatory systems.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the Business Foundations Graduate Certificate.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|College Fee per semester||$57|
|Technology Fee per course||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (one time per semester)||$30 (One time per semester)|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,914|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). And the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by AACSB International.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
1. Earned Baccalaureate Degree- All applicants to the Business Foundations Graduate Certificate must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States or comparable non-U.S. degree/diploma from a recognized foreign institution of higher education at the time of matriculation. A copy of official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended must be submitted as part of the application process. Applicants may hold a degree in any field.
2. Students must follow the complete admissions guidelines outlined through the Office of Graduate Studies. https://www.umassd.edu/online/ready-to-apply/
A $60.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid