UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Pathology is a unique program that was developed for medical laboratory personnel, medical professionals, nurses, and people working in the pharmaceutical industry who are interested in expanding and updating their knowledge in clinical pathology. Personnel employed in the biomedical device and biotechnology industries will also benefit from this certificate program.
This program is part of the graduate offering in Clinical Laboratory Sciences. For qualified candidates, courses in this graduate certificate can be applied to the on-campus Master's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Outstanding faculty
- Flexibility and convenience
- Combines the theoretical and technical knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, genetics, clinical chemistry, immunology, microbiology, hematology, histocompatibility, cellular pathology, and other fields as they pertain to the diagnosis, monitoring, and prevention of disease
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on UMass Lowell's Certificate in Clinical Pathology program.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging in to the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$575|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non-payment||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,755 ($575 x 3 credits = $1,725 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
Graduate Certificate Application Fee: $50
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978-934-2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
The University of Massachusetts has earned many awards for its distance learning programs, faculty, and technology including:
- Ranked as One of the Top Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as One of the Top Online Public Colleges in the U.S. by AffordableColleges.com
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
For admission into the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Pathology program, please complete and submit UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate program application form. For more information on the admission process and in-state/out-of-state application fee information, please visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Admissions website at www.uml.edu/GRAD.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.