The Certificate Program in Computer Assisted Manufacturing is designed for those who have basic drawing experience and want to expand their knowledge in the latest industry-standard CAD software applications that are in use today.
The courses in this certificate program may be applied towards UMass Lowell's Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Note: Students who do not have drawing experience must take Engineering Graphics (not currently offered online at UMass Lowell) or an equivalent course from an accredited institution of higher education.
Courses for this certificate program are available throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. You can take one course per semester or several, depending upon your own personal time constraints.
- 100% online
- Top-notch faculty
- UMass Lowell’s online programs have won numerous national awards for excellence.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on UMass Lowell's Computer Assisted Manufacturing Certificate Program.
Questions? UMass Lowell’s advisors are here to help! Call 800-480-3190 or email your questions to Continuing_Education@uml.edu.
When students first register for courses, a UMass Lowell student account is automatically generated and an email is sent to that students' personal email address (which they provided when they first registered using the Non-Degree Registration Form). Students use this account information to log in to the UMass Lowell student information system (SiS). Within SiS, students are able to review course schedules, pay their tuition bills, and sign up for future courses.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$380|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1,170 (380x3crds. = 1,140 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 800-480-3190.
Note: Tuition bills are not mailed to students' home addresses. Students can access their tution bill when they log in to their UMass Lowell SiS account.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
- University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated.com
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Admission to UMass Lowell's Computer Assisted Manufacturing Certificate Program is open to students who have earned a high school diploma or GED. UMass Lowell's Online and Continuing Education programs operate on a rolling admissions basis. There is no application deadline and each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete (i.e. as soon as we have received your completed application and your official transcripts).
Note: Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
It's easy to apply. Simply:
2) Contact the high school or college where you most recently took courses and ask them to send official transcripts directly to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Division of Online & Continuing Education
OCE Admissions - Southwick Hall, Rm 203
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA, 01854
Note: International Students must have their transcripts evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation.
Once your application and transcripts have been received, you will receive a confirmation letter. Call 800-480-3190 to speak with a UMass Lowell academic advisor.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, contact UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220.