Certificate in Domestic Violence Prevention
Domestic violence is one of our nation's greatest social and public health problems. Individuals working in health, social services and law enforcement can benefit from gaining expertise in the prevention and response to domestic violence. Offered by the University's Department of Criminal Justice and the Division of Online and Continuing Education, this certificate brings together courses in the areas of Criminal Justice, Community Social Psychology and Health Professions and provides a focused program for those working in settings where domestic violence is an issue.
This certificate can benefit those in the fields of nursing, health, social services, family services, youth services, police, hospital and health agency administration and other related professions.
- Flexibility and Convenience
- Committed to student learning
- These courses may be applied to the relevant department's Master's degree program with the approval of the graduate coordinator
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Certificate in Domestic Violence Prevention program.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS AND KANSAS:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas or Kansas.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Existing students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Intercampus Student Information System (ISIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$535|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1635 (535x3crds. = 1605 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
Graduate Certificate Application Fee: $50
*applicable when checks returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
For admission into the Graduate Certificate in Domestic Violence Prevention, please complete and submit UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate Program Application Form. For more information on the admission process and in-state/out-of-state application fee information, please visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Admissions website at www.uml.edu/GRAD.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email email@example.com.
- About Us
- Distance Learning
- Student Services
- Student Login