The Environmental Policy Certificate offers an excellent opportunity to achieve advanced knowledge and professional certification in the formulation and implementation of policies that achieve sustainable operations. It is offered by the Department of Public Policy in the School of Education, Public Policy and Civic Engagement at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
The Certificate in Environmental Policy introduces students to environmental issues of local, state, regional, national, and global concern.
The goals of the program are:
- To provide an understanding of the major ecological issues,
- To develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on policy analysis, and
- To foster the development and implementation of environmentally sound policies and practices.
Successful completion of the certificate should enhance a student's current career or aid in the development of new job skills. And successful completion of the Certificate is a substantial positive consideration for students who subsequently apply to the full Master in Public Policy program, and courses completed with an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the Certificate will count toward the Public Policy Master's degree.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Policy.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1908|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
1. Earned Baccalaureate Degree- All applicants to the the Post-Baccalaureate Environmental Policy Certificate Program (EPCP) must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States or comparable non-U.S. degree/diploma from a recognized foreign institution of higher education at the time of matriculation. A copy of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, must be submitted as part of the application process. Applicants may hold a degree in any field, although it is expected that most applicants will hold degrees in the social sciences, business, and humanities.
2. Graduate School Application for US Citizens/International Applicants - All applicants to the Post-Baccalaureate Environmental Policy Certificate Program (EPCP) must complete and submit UMass Dartmouth's Graduate School Application. The application may be submitted electronically or by mail.
3. Statement of Purpose (Essay) The EPCP at UMass Dartmouth requires an essay of 400-500 words explaining the applicant's interest in the program and purpose for applying to the program. The essay should include the applicant's previous policy-related or public management experience, and a resume or a curriculum vita.
Students must follow the complete admissions guidelines outlined through the Office of Graduate Studies.
A $60.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Federal financial aid approval for the Environmental Policy Certificate is pending and is expected early this summer. Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill ill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact the Professional and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.