The Environmental Policy Certificate offers an excellent opportunity to achieve advanced knowledge and professional certification in the formulation and implementation of policies that achieve sustainable operations. It is offered by the Department of Public Policy in the School of Education, Public Policy and Civic Engagement at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
The Certificate in Environmental Policy introduces students to environmental issues of local, state, regional, national, and global concern.
The goals of the program are:
- To provide an understanding of the major ecological issues,
- To develop students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on policy analysis, and
- To foster the development and implementation of environmentally sound policies and practices.
Successful completion of the certificate should enhance a student's current career or aid in the development of new job skills. And successful completion of the Certificate is a substantial positive consideration for students who subsequently apply to the full Master in Public Policy program, and courses completed with an average GPA of 3.0 or better in the Certificate will count toward the Public Policy Master's degree.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Policy.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1908|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
1. Earned Baccalaureate Degree- All applicants to the the Post-Baccalaureate Environmental Policy Certificate Program (EPCP) must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States or comparable non-U.S. degree/diploma from a recognized foreign institution of higher education at the time of matriculation. A copy of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, must be submitted as part of the application process. Applicants may hold a degree in any field, although it is expected that most applicants will hold degrees in the social sciences, business, and humanities.
2. Graduate School Application for US Citizens/International Applicants - All applicants to the Post-Baccalaureate Environmental Policy Certificate Program (EPCP) must complete and submit UMass Dartmouth's Graduate School Application. The application may be submitted electronically or by mail.
3. Statement of Purpose (Essay) The EPCP at UMass Dartmouth requires an essay of 400-500 words explaining the applicant's interest in the program and purpose for applying to the program. The essay should include the applicant's previous policy-related or public management experience, and a resume or a curriculum vita.
Students must follow the complete admissions guidelines outlined through the Office of Graduate Studies.
A $60.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid