The Gerontology Graduate Certificate with a focus in Management of Aging Services is targeted to individuals in the aging network who are looking to upgrade their skills or advance in new directions within the field or for those looking to enter the field.
The certificate may be earned by taking 5 courses (15 credit hours).
- First - Rate Faculty
- Flexibility and Convenience
- Students have the option of applying these credits to the Master's degree program
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Certificate in Gerontology - Management of Aging Services program.
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, MARYLAND, AND MINNESOTA:
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details. Click here for information on distance education authorization in other states.
Registration is administered through College of Advancing and Professional Studies at UMass Boston. Payment is due upon registration. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$520|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$25|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1560 (520 x 3 credits = 1560)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
A student may register for any of the courses without having to apply for and be accepted into the Master's Program. If the student is accepted into the Master's Program at a later date, a maximum of two courses may be counted toward that degree. All students must have an undergraduate degree.
Admission is competitive - Apply early! Here's how…
1. Read application form instructions carefully and complete form. Click here for the application.
2. Brief cover letter indicating that you would like to be considered for admission into the Gerontology Masters of Science track in the Management of Aging Services, and 3 reference letters.
3. A 3-4 page personal statement, explaining your past experiences in the field, reasons for wanting to be part of the program, and future career goals.
4. Request official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
5. If you are applying for Financial Aid, please fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
6. Once you have completed the application, send it to the address below.
Graduate Admissions Office
100 Morrissey Blvd.
University of Massachusetts Boston
Boston, MA 02332
7. The application is in a PDF file. You will need an Acrobat Reader application by Adobe to view and print the application. If you don't have the Acrobat Reader application, you can download the installation from their website for free.
Download by clicking here or download at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html
Admittance in Fall only: