The Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership is a 15-credit academic program focused on the study of leadership, management and organization in higher education with a focus on the intersection of theory and practice.
The Graduate Certificate is aimed at the many current and future leaders in higher education who would benefit from leadership training, but who do not need an advanced degree.
This program is ideal for those who already have a terminal degree, or do not need another degree. In addition, the credits earned in this program can be applied towards a master’s or doctoral degree in our Higher Education program if you decide later that you would like to pursue a degree.
Who Should Consider the Higher Education Leadership Graduate Certificate?
- Higher education professionals currently working in a management position or who wants to gain leadership and management skills that will allow you to move in to a more responsible position
- Current doctoral students in any field considering a career in higher education administration upon completion of your degree
- Faculty members or administrators who wishes to enhance their knowledge and skills in order to provide better leadership for your campus.
The Graduate Certificate is most suitable for those who already have several years of experience working in higher education.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Leadership.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst University Without Walls. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$474|
|Registration Fee per semester||$47|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
|Total for course***||$1469 (474 x 3 credits = 1,422 + 47 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
- Admission to the program is on a rolling basis.
- You must hold a must hold a baccalaureate degree, and we expect that many applicants will have master’s or doctoral degrees as well.
- You may take up to two courses before you officially apply to the program.
- Materials required for consideration include: application form, personal statement, resume, transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, and two letters of reference.
Submit your materials to:
Program Coordinator, Higher Education Leadership Graduate Certificate
813 N. Pleasant St.
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, Massachusetts, 01003
Materials can also be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
Financial aid is unfortunately not available for certificate programs.