The University of Massachusetts Boston Certificate in Information Technology (CIT) is an introductory program into the information systems discipline. It covers fundamental concepts and operation into the technology and operation of modern information systems. It focuses on techniques, tools and methods used today in the development and use of computer-based applications.
Information Technology (IT) career prospects continue to point to an increasing demand for qualified people in this field. Many of our potential students are professionals and people in the workforce who are seeking ways to better adapt to a changing work environment where IT is now endemic; others are students who recognize the added value that IT brings to their professional interests and fields of expertise. The Certificate in Information Technology has been designed with these people in mind.
Upon program completion students will earn a Certificate from the College of Management.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Certificate in Information Technology.
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, MARYLAND, AND MINNESOTA:
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details. Click here for information on distance education authorization in other states.
Registration is administered through College of Advancing and Professional Studies at UMass Boston. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$410|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1230 (410x3 credits = 1230)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Le
- MSIS 123 Introduction to Information Security
- MSIS 124 Introduction to Visual Basic.net
- MSIS 224 Advanced Visual Basic.net
- MSIS 230L Relational Databases
- IT 246 Introduction to Networks
- MSIS 110 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems
- MSIS 290 Information Systems Development and Management
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- Next, download your required Financial Aid Forms here.
- Check your financial aid status using WISER.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com.