Java is one of the most sought after skills in IT. UMass Lowell's Java Development Certificate Program is designed to provide IT professionals with a cluster of Java courses that will make them more competitive in today's marketplace.
Courses are available throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters, and you can take one course each semester or several courses a semester, depending upon your own personal time constraints.
- 100% Online
- Top-Notch Faculty
- UMass Lowell’s online programs have won numerous national awards for excellence.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on UMass Lowell's Certificate in Java Development.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
When students first register for courses, a UMass Lowell student account is automatically generated for them, and an email is sent to that students' personal email address which they provided when they first registered using the Non-Degree Registration Form. Students use this account information to log into the UMass Lowell student information system at http://www.uml.edu/enrollment/sis/. Within "SIS" students are able to review their course schedules, check their bills, and sign up for future courses.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$375|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1155 (375x3crds. = 1125 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
*applicable when checks returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 800-480-3190.
Note: Paper bills are not sent to students' home addresses - Students may access their bills when they log into their UMass Lowell "SIS" student account.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated.com
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Admission to UMass Lowell's Java Development Certificate Program is open to students who have earned a high school diploma or GED. UMass Lowell's Online and Continuing Education programs operate on a rolling admissions basis - there is no application deadline and each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete (i.e. once UML has received your completed application and your official transcripts).
Note: Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
It's Easy to Apply, Simply:
2) Contact the high school or college where you most recently took courses and ask them to send out official transcripts directly to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Division of Online & Continuing Education
OCE Admissions - Southwick Hall, Rm 203
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA, 01854
Note: International Students must have their transcripts evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation.
Once your application and transcripts have been received, you will receive a confirmation letter.
Call (800) 480-3190 to speak with a UMass Lowell academic advisor.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220.