Practicing physicians and health care professionals can find interactive continuing medical education (CME) courses online from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Continuing Education Department. The CME/CEU program currently offers a ‘Basic Skills for Working with Smokers Online Course’ which includes the following topics: The tobacco problem and public health perspective; Exploring barriers and facilitators to change; Developing an understanding of addiction; Using pharmacotherapy to help your clients quit smoking; Talking with clients about their tobacco use; Health consequences of smoking; Creating an environment supportive of tobacco treatment services; Resources; and Intake, assessment and treatment planning.
Both CME and CEU accredited courses are available and provide the following benefits:
- Earn Credit from the convenience of your own home or office
- No travel hassles, or any additional costs
- Print and store certificates of completion anywhere and anytime
- Courses offered are reasonably priced
Learn more about this program;
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the CME/CEU Courses.
The University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)