UMass Boston's Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABS-N) program is designed for people with a bachelor’s degree in another field who want to become a nurse.
This program allows you to become a baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse in 12 months. You will study with instructors specially trained in online, concept-based learning and experience face-to-face, state-of-the-art simulation and live clinical experiences.
The Pre-licensure Nursing program maintains Full Approval Status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please fill in your name/email and click on “Inquire Now”.
Click here for more information on the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$577|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1,731 (577 x 3 credits = 1,731)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Boston are accredited by the CCNE - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
All applicants must attend an Accelerated Information Session and then submit the following application materials:
- Complete undergraduate admissions application or second degree application
- Complete accelerated nursing option supplemental form
- Official transcripts from all schools attended since high school
- Complete a 500-word essay* titled “What is a Professional Nurse?"
- TEAS exam scores, overall and science subsection (TEAS exam scores will not be required for applications to the Spring 2021 semester of the program).
- Provide two (2) letters of professional or educational recommendation**
*Note: This prompt is not listed as one of the essay prompts on the application. Please use this prompt instead of the ones listed. You only need to complete this one essay for the program.
**Note: The application only allows the submission of one recommendation letter. Please have your second recommender email their recommendation directly to email@example.com.
- February 1, Summer Admission (May)
- May 1, Fall Admission (September)
- October 1, Spring Admission (January)
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.studentaid.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- Next, download your required Financial Aid Forms here.
- Check your financial aid status using WISER.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com.