UMass Boston's Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABS-N) program is designed for people with a bachelor’s degree in another field who want to become a nurse.
This program allows you to become a baccalaureate-prepared registered nurse in 12 months. You will study with instructors specially trained in online, concept-based learning and experience face-to-face, state-of-the-art simulation and live clinical experiences.
The Pre-licensure Nursing program maintains Full Approval Status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please fill in your name/email and click on “Inquire Now”.
Click here for more information on the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
2021-2022 Program Tuition:
(This cost includes tuition and fees)
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|In-State & Out of State||approx. $30,000 - $35,000|
|International Students||approx. $70,000 - $75,000|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Boston is accredited by the CCNE - Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
All applicants must attend an Accelerated Information Session and then submit the following application materials:
- Complete undergraduate admissions application (if you have not attended UMass Boston before) or second degree application/re-enrollment application (if you have attended UMass Boston before)
- Complete accelerated nursing option supplemental form, which will be made available after submitting your application
- Official transcripts from all schools attended since high school (except graduate school)
Complete Two Short Essays
- 500-Word Essay: UMass Boston's College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS) is committed to advance efforts towards promoting health equity, social justice, and population-based health in our community and beyond by educating health professionals to serve communities as diverse as our students. Why are you interested in studying nursing at UMass Boston, an institution committed to advancing health equity?
- 250-Word Essay: UMass Boston’s Accelerated Nursing program is designed to blend high quality clinical experiences with online didactic learning. Successful students must be flexible, adaptable, and self-directed. Please describe a time when you independently learned a complex task. What was the task? What resources did you utilize to learn it? What did you learn about yourself during this process?
- TEAS Optional - Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) scores are optional.
- Provide two (2) letters of professional or educational recommendation*
- February 1, Summer Admission (May)
- May 1, Fall Admission (September)
- September 1, Spring Admission (January)
All applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid by filling out the FAFSA, but it is important to note that students pursuing a 2nd bachelor degree are often not eligible for financial aid money, as often they have already met the limits while completing their first bachelor degree.
$30,000 - $35,000