The need for professionals with strong information technology backgrounds will continue to increase as business, government, schools, and other organizations seek new applications for computers and networks in the workplace. In response to that need, UMass Lowell offers an Associate of Science in Information Technology degree entirely online.
Are you ready to fill 7 of Fortune's 20 Fastest Growing Professional Jobs? These jobs have a greater than 20 growth rate for the next 10 years:
- Environmental engineers 54.3
- Network systems and datacom analysts 41.9
- Personal financial advisors 36.3
- Database administrators 33.1
- Software engineers 27.8
- Emergency management specialists 27.8
- Biomedical engineers 27.8
- PR specialists 27.8
- Computer and infosystems managers 25.6
- Comp, benefits, and job analysts 25.6
- Systems analysts 24.9
- Network and systems administrators 24.9
- Training and development specialists 22.3
- Medical scientists 22.1
- Marketing and sales managers 21.3
- Computer specialists 20.8
- Media and communications specialists 20.6
- Counselors, social workers 20.4
- Lawyers 20.2
- Outstanding faculty
- Flexibility and Convenience
- Committed to student success
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit UMass Lowell's Associate of Science in Information Technology webpage for more information.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$380|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Undergrad Degree Application Fee||$40|
|Total for course**||$1170 (380x3crds. = 1140 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
*applicable when checks returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Admission is open to students who have earned a high school diploma or GED. UMass Lowell's Online and Continuing Education programs operate on a rolling admissions basis. There is no application deadline, and each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete (i.e. once UMass Lowell has received your completed application and your official transcripts). Students must be admitted to an eligible degree or certificate program in order to be considered for most financial aid.
It's easy to apply:
2) Contact the high school or colleges where you took courses and ask them to send official transcripts directly to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Division of Online & Continuing Education
OCE Admissions - Southwick Hall, Rm 203
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA, 01854
Note: Students who have attended schools outside of the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by the World Education Services (WES).
After you apply, you will receive a confirmation email.
Once your application and all transcripts have been received, you will receive an admissions decision. Call 800-480-3190 to speak with a UMass Lowell academic advisor.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.