The online Bachelor of Arts in Global Affairs is the first undergraduate degree program to be offered in the College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS), parlaying the college’s historical strengths in creating a collaborative interdisciplinary environment while meeting the needs of students and Commonwealth alike, all while supporting the mission and strategic priorities of the university .
This program aims to prepare its students for the real world issues that plague the 21st Century by offering courses that include topics in: Culture, International Public Policy, International Security, International Development and Economics and International Environment and Geography. When coupled with a hands-on internship, students will have the flexibility of studying on their time schedule and getting the experience they need to succeed in their chosen area of Global Studies.
The College of Advancing and Professional Studies (CAPS) has a history of creating collaborative interdisciplinary programs that meet the needs of students in an ever changing world.The program will anchor the portfolio of the college, support its mission to provide the best in applied and theoretical education, and move forward the strategic plan of the university, preparing students for their role in a transnational world.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the BA in Global Affairs.
Registration is administered through College of Advancing and Professional Studies at UMass Boston. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$410|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1,230 (410 x 3 credits = 1,230)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
It's Easy to Apply.
Note: There is a $60 application fee to apply for In-State and Out-of-State Applicants
and $100 application fee for International Applicants
2) Contact the high school or college where you most recently took courses and ask them to send out official transcripts directly to:
University of Massachusetts Boston
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3393
3) For more undergraduate admissions information click here.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.