The RN to BS Online track meets the needs of registered nurses with other life responsibilities through a curriculum that combines online instruction with student-tailored practice.
Students must successfully complete 120 credits to earn their University of Massachusetts Amherst Bachelor of Science degree. Of these credits:
- 60 non-nursing credits must be completed before beginning the RN to BS Nursing Track
- 30 additional nursing credits may be awarded for RN licensure
- 30 credits are earned in the online or onsite nursing program
Students must complete a capstone project meeting University guidelines by the end of the RN to BS program of study.
Please note: No NLN ACE Exams are required.
- Outstanding Faculty
- Leader in Nursing Education
- Committed to prepare graduates for practice in diverse settings
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit the UMass Amherst website to learn more about earning your online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS AND OREGON:
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is presently not accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Alabama, Arkansas and Oregon.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst Continuing & Professional Education. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$585|
|Registration Fee per semester||$47|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
|Course Tuition||$1,802 (585x3 credits =1755 + 47 registration fee per semester)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been canceled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
The College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), a national nursing education accrediting body. The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Admission to the RN to BS Program requires :
1. Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
2. Current R.N. licensure
3. C or better in all pre-requisite courses
4. Completion of all 60 required non-nursing credits, including a grade of C or better in all seven nursing prerequisites.
For more information, please contact the Continuing and Professional Education office at (413) 545-3706 or at ADMISSIONS@CONTINED.UMASS.EDU
Admission is competitive - Apply early!
There are two admissions cycles to the RN to BS track. Applications for the June admission must be received by February 1st. Applications for the January admissions must be received by October 1st.
1. Click here for the application.
2. Complete application form and sign the bottom of the fifth page of the application.
3. Request official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
4. A copy of current RN nursing license.
5. If you are applying for Financial Aid, please fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Application Deadline is February 1st.
Classes begin in June.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
"Imagine being able to acquire your RN-BS degree from the comfort of your own home. The beauty and flexibility of the RN-BS program allowed me to work full time as an ED nurse, save on commute time and fuel, without compromising my family life. The instructors of this program were always "visible" and I felt supported and encouraged by each one." Sophia Veinoglou, UMass Amherst