The RN to BS Online track meets the needs of registered nurses with other life responsibilities through a curriculum that combines online instruction with student-tailored practice.
Students must successfully complete 120 credits to earn their University of Massachusetts Amherst Bachelor of Science degree. Of these credits:
- 52 non-nursing credits must be completed before beginning the RN to BS Nursing Track
- 30 additional nursing credits may be awarded for RN licensure
- 30 credits are earned in the online or onsite nursing program
Students must complete a capstone project meeting University guidelines by the end of the RN to BS program of study.
Please note: No NLN ACE Exams are required.
- Outstanding Faculty
- Leader in Nursing Education
- Committed to prepare graduates for practice in diverse settings
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Visit the UMass Amherst website to learn more about earning your online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Registration is administered through UMass Amherst University Without Walls. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$585|
|Registration Fee per semester||$60|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$30|
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been canceled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
The Elaine Marieb College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), a national nursing education accrediting body. The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Admission to the RN to BS Program requires :
1. Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
2. Current R.N. licensure
3. C or better in all pre-requisite courses
4. Completion of all 52 required non-nursing credits, including a grade of C or better in all seven nursing prerequisites.
For more information, please contact the UWW Admissions office at (413)545-3440 or at email@example.com.
Admission is competitive - Apply early!
There are three admissions cycles to the RN to BS track.
1. Click here for the application.
2. Complete application form and sign the bottom of the fifth page of the application.
3. Request official transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
4. A copy of current RN nursing license.
5. If you are applying for Financial Aid, please fill out the FAFSA form at studentaid.gov.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at studentaid.gov.
- It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Amherst school code number 002221.
"Imagine being able to acquire your RN-BS degree from the comfort of your own home. The beauty and flexibility of the RN-BS program allowed me to work full time as an ED nurse, save on commute time and fuel, without compromising my family life. The instructors of this program were always "visible" and I felt supported and encouraged by each one." Sophia Veinoglou, UMass Amherst