The UMass Boston Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs program maximizes accessibility and convenience for highly motivated, independent professionals. This program offers flexibility and allows student to complete the program in 3-5 semesters.
The six-credit nursing courses are taught online in the Summer, Fall and Spring sessions. The twenty credits of non-nursing general education and elective courses may be satisfied through online courses (if available), in a traditional course at UMass Boston, or (with prior approval from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences) at another accredited college or university.
- Student focused
- Take less time and money, without the sacrifice of quality
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the UMass Boston Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$370|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course***||$1,110 (370 x 3 credits = 1,110)|
Click here to browse our course listings.
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
*** Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The UMass Boston online Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RN Program is fully accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) of American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), and is approved by the Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts (BORN). The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
- UMass Boston’s Nursing RN-BS program is ranked No. 4 on RegisteredNursing.org’s 2021 list of Best Online RN-BSN Programs in Massachusetts list.
Applications for admission are reviewed twice a year for the Spring and Fall semesters. The application deadlines are:
- June 15th for Fall Semester
- December 15th for Spring Semester
The admission criteria for the Online RN-BS Program are:
- completion of an accredited Associate Degree in Nursing program,
- Current RN licensure
- combined GPA of 2.50 or above* for all submitted transcripts,
- current citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America with work authorization and residency in the United States**, and
* If your combined GPA is lower than a 2.50, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to discuss your options to be considered for admission.
** At this time, the Online RN-BS Program cannot accept students who have an F1 Visa status or students who currently reside in a country outside of the United States of America.
Click here for more information on how to apply to the program.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at https://studentaid.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.