The College of Nursing offers registered nurses an online baccalaureate completion program that is individually planned for each student. Students are prepared for success in using online technology and digital skills in the introductory nursing courses. Customized planning continues as students are supported and guided as they progress through the program by faculty and student mentors.
Students may transfer non-nursing course credits from other institutions to meet most program requirements. A total of 31 credits, must be taken at UMD.
- A curriculum focused on community health nursing.
- Individualized plan for program progression each semester.
- Online format provides contact with classmates and faculty.
- Nursing courses may be completed in 4 semesters.
For more information about this program, submit an inquiry through the form at the right.
Click here for more information on the RN-BS program.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Technology Fee per course||$150|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1296|
Click here to browse our course listings.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
This program is open to registered nurses who hold current unencumbered RN licensure and meet admission requirements.
Students may transfer up to 38 nursing credits based on submission and approval of a professional portfolio. Non-nursing course credits from other institutions may also be used to meet most program requirements.
To be eligible for the graduate from UMass Dartmouth, a total of 31 credits must be earned from UMass Dartmouth. These courses may be satisfied entirely through online options, but for those in the southeastern Massachusetts region, a variety of blended or face-to-face courses may also be taken.
For detailed guidance on the admissions procedure, please click here.
A $30.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard. The process should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Umass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact the Professional and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you that you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
Contact:For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at (508) 999-8632 or at firstname.lastname@example.org