The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree is one of UMass Lowell's most popular degree programs for students who are interested in social and behavioral sciences.
The psychology curriculum acquaints students with scientific methods and psychological studies. It provides students with theoretical foundations in various subfields of psychology, including experimental, developmental, social, personality, and clinical psychology. The curriculum emphasizes the application of psychological knowledge and skills in many areas of human functioning.
- Ranked Among the Top 20 Online Psychology Degrees by TheBestSchools.org
- Ranked One of the Most Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Psychology by GetEducated.com
- Outstanding faculty
- Flexibility and convenience
- Committed to student success
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit UMass Lowell's Bachelor of Arts in Psychology webpage for more information.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$375|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non-payment||$50|
|Undergrad Degree Application Fee||$60|
|Total for Course**||$1,155 ($375 x 3 credits = $1,125 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978-934-2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
The University of Massachusetts has earned many awards for its distance learning programs, faculty, and technology including:
Ranked Among the Top 20 Online Psychology Degrees by TheBestSchools.org
Ranked Among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs by U.S. News & World Report
University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals by GetEducated.com
- Excellence in Online Teaching Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
To be considered for acceptance into a certificate or degree program, students must hold a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate. UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education programs operate on a rolling admissions basis. Each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete. Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
Admission is competitive. Apply early!
1. Read application form instructions carefully. Click here for the application.
2. Submit official transcripts of all college, university, or post-secondary schools attended, along with course descriptions.
3. Applicants with no previous college/university experience: Submit official high school transcript or its equivalent (GED certificate).
4. Send completed application to the address below:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Division of Online & Continuing Education
OCE Admissions - Southwick Hall, Rm 203
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA, 01854
5. Academic Counselors and Program Coordinators are available to answer questions regarding programs and the matriculation process. Appointments may be made by calling 978-934-2474.
6. The application is in a PDF file. Click here for the application. You will need an Acrobat Reader application by Adobe to view and print the application. If you don't have the Acrobat Reader application, you can download the installation from their website for free.
For additional information on the application process for UMass Lowell's Online Undergraduate degrees, visit https://continuinged.uml.edu/apply.cfm
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220 or email@example.com.