UMass Lowell's Leadership in Schooling Ed.D. STEM Option, is designed for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) educators who wish advance their skills as researchers and instructional leaders of PK-12 programs. Individuals who work in STEM fields in higher education may also find the program of value, but must recognize that the leadership aspects are focused on PK-12.
The Ed.D. is designed as a cohort program: accepted students begin their program in the Summer and take three calendar years to complete the program. Courses are completed online during the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters, and candidates are expected to complete two courses each semester.
Note: For this program there is a one-week, on campus summer residency required each year.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on Inquire Now to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Lowell's Doctor of Education in Leadership in Schooling, STEM Option.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Existing students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$470|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Graduate Degree Application Fee||$50|
|First Year Graduate Student Services Fee||$200|
|Total for course**||$1,440 (470 x 3crds. = 1410 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
UMass Lowell's Graduate School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200.
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals by Get Educated
- UMass ranked Top 10 Online Degrees by Online Degree Reviews.com
- University of Massachusetts Ranked a Best Value in Online Education by Get Educated.
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- A number of UMass Lowell online courses have received Blackboard's National Catalyst Awards for Exemplary Online Courses
Applicants must have a master of education degree or master's degree in a field relevant to PK-12 education that prepares him/her for advanced study. Additionally, applicants should have recent teaching and/or leadership experience in a PK-12 setting and be interested in research and the role of leaders in schools. Candidates who are interested in higher education administration should speak with the Graduate Coordinator before submitting an application.
- Submit an online application and fee through the office of Graduate Admissions.
- A two-page admission essay explaining your experience in PK-12 education and your reasons for wishing to enter doctoral study
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- All official transcripts
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.