UMass Lowell's Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) degree, offered by the Robert J. Manning School of Business, provides an economically affordable opportunity for students to prepare for higher-level accounting positions in corporate, government, or nonprofit business environments. This graduate-level program is offered entirely online, and it offers students the opportunity for in-depth study on topics such as globalization, governmental and nonprofit accounting, forensic accounting, corporate finance and advanced auditing.
Courses are available throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. You can take one course per semester or more, depending on your own personal time constraints.
- UMass Lowell's Robert J. Manning School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This is the highest level of business school accreditation an institution can achieve in the United States.
- UMass Lowell’s online programs have won numerous national awards for excellence.
- Ranked a Top Online Graduate Program by U.S. News & World Report
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit the UMass Lowell’s Robert J. Manning School of Business’ website to learn more about earning your online Master of Science in Accounting.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Current students register for their courses online by logging in to the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$655|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Graduate Degree Application Fee||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,995 ($655 x 3 credits = $1,965 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
UMass Lowell's Robert J. Manning School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This is the highest level of business school accreditation an institution can achieve in the United States.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Applications are accepted and processed year-round. Students accepted into the program can begin their courses in the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters. To be considered for admission to this program, applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a final cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
All applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application, plus the $50 application fee
- A one-page statement of purpose/essay, highlighting your academic and career goals
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Official transcripts
- Official test scores for the GMAT. GMAT waiver available.
- International students: Submit your official test results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. See Graduate Admissions International Graduate Application Requirements page for additional details.
Please refer to UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions website for detailed information about each of these requirements.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220.