UMass Lowell's Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) degree, offered by the Robert J. Manning School of Business through the Division of Online and Continuing Education, provides an economically affordable opportunity for students to prepare for higher-level accounting positions in corporate, government, or nonprofit business environments. This graduate-level program is offered entirely online, and it offers students the opportunity for in-depth study on topics such as Globalization, Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Corporate Finance and Advanced Auditing.
Courses are available throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters, and you can take one course each semester or a number of courses a semester, depending upon your own personal time constraints.
- UMass Lowell's Robert J. Manning School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This is the highest level of business school accreditation an institution can achieve in the United States.
- UMass Lowell’s online programs have won numerous national awards for excellence.
- You can complete this degree entirely online.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Master of Science in Accounting - Online MSA Program at UMass Lowell.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$640|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Graduate Degree Application Fee||$50|
|First Year Graduate Student Services Fee||$200|
|Total for course**||$1950 (640x3crds. = 1920 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
UMass Lowell's Robert J. Manning School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This is the highest level of business school accreditation an institution can achieve in the United States.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranked 19th Highest-Rated University in the World by the Times of London.
- University of Massachusetts Ranked a Best Value in Online Education by Get Educated.
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Applications are accepted and processed year-round. Students accepted into the program can begin their courses in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. To be considered for admission to this program, applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education, with a final cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
All applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application plus the $50 application fee
- A one-page statement of purpose/essay, highlighting your academic and career goals
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Official transcripts
- Official test scores for the GMAT: Have your official test scores sent to UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions at the address below. UMass Lowell's school code is 3911
- International students: Submit your official test results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. See Graduate Admissions International Graduate Application Requirements page for additional details.
Please refer to UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions website for detailed information about each of these requirements.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email Elizabeth_Rymes@uml.edu.