The Isenberg Online MBA is the perfect program for professionals looking to be leaders in their industry. Combining the quality curriculum of our on-campus Masters of Business Administration program with the flexibility of the online platform, the Online MBA provides quality learning tailored to the student's schedule and timetable.
Our program is highly adaptable to your needs and schedule, and allows you to earn your degree in as little as 2 years without putting your life on hold. Coursework can be taken 100% online or, if you live in the Massachusetts area, you can complement your online learning with some in-person classes, engaging with faculty and colleagues at one of our satellite locations in Boston and Shrewsbury. GMAT/GRE waivers are available for those who qualify.
Isenberg was one of the first schools to create a high-quality online MBA program, and it continues to set the standard as one of the largest such programs to achieve top national and international rankings such as:
- #3 Best Online MBA Worldwide (Financial Times, 2017-2020)
- #9 Best Online MBA (Fortune Education, 2021)
- #12 Best Online MBA (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
- #18 Best Online MBA (Poets & Quants, 2022)
- #28 Best Online MBA (Princeton Review, 2022)
- #28 Best Part-time MBA (U.S. News & World Report, 2021)
The Isenberg MBA curriculum includes 11 core classes taught by outstanding faculty and students can explore individual interests by taking 39 credits of electives. Students in the online MBA program can add expertise to their degree with one of five focus areas: Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Healthcare Administration, or Marketing.
Course registration for all Isenberg online courses is administered by UMass Amherst University Without Walls.
- $925 per credit (37-39 credits) for an estimated cost of $34,225-36,075.
- $507 one-time fee applied once accepted into the program
- $60 registration fee per semester
Isenberg School of Management is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation is widely regarded as the highest level of accreditation for business schools. Isenberg is part of the one percent of the worlds' 13,000 business programs that have earned this recognition—the hallmark of excellence in management education.
The Isenberg MBA is designed for working professionals who have achieved career success and are building momentum toward further advancement. The admissions team practices a holistic admissions review and considers academic history, aptitude for graduate-level work, motivation, and professional experience. The program accepts applicants from a wide range of academic fields and professional disciplines. Prior business education is not required and may exempt you from some foundational coursework. All applicants are required to have the following:
- A minimum of three years professional working experience.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a regionally accredited college or university.
GMAT/GRE Waivers Available
While a strong GMAT/GRE score enhances any application, many of candidates are able to submit a successful application without a GRE or GMAT test score based on professional experience and/or academic accomplishments. Automatic GMAT/GRE waivers are for applicants who meet any of the criteria below:
- Doctorate Degree: JD, PhD, PharmD, MD/DO, or international medical graduate with an ECFMG or Fifth Pathway.
- 10 years of professional work experience.
- 3 years of professional work experience with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
Two letters of recommendation
GMAT/GRE score (waiver may apply)
TOEFL score (if applicable)
Fall Start - Priority: June 1, Final: July 15
Spring Start - Priority: October 1, Final: November 15
Summer Start - Priority: February 1, Final: March 15
Graduate financial aid options are available for Isenberg online MBA students. For more information, please contact the Graduate Financial Aid Services at 413-577-0555 or www.umass.edu/umfa/graduate-students
For more information, please visit the Isenberg website or contact us at:
Isenberg School of Management - UMass Amherst
Graduate Programs Office