The Charlton Online MBA program is a fully online MBA program designed to provide students an education built on a balance between theory and practice that enables them to be successful in any business environment. We focus on developing the skills necessary to manage any size enterprise from a sole proprietor firm to a global corporation. Our fully online program develops modern business skills such as: virtual project teams, web based presentation and podcasting. Our faculty combine strong academic credentials with a diverse range of corporate, entrepreneurial, and consulting experience.
Charlton College of Business MBA curriculum incorporates:
- 7 core courses (21 credits)
- 3 business electives (9 credits)
Some students—especially those with undergraduate degrees not in business—may also need to take the required foundation courses. Charlton offers the following special one-semester courses for the MBA applicant who has never taken these courses or feels a review might be in order before beginning the core MBA program:
- ACT 500: Financial Accounting
- FIN 500: Economic Concepts for Managers
- POM 500: Statistical Analysis
Foundation courses may be waived following:
- Completion, with a grade of "B" or better, of the corresponding undergraduate or graduate business course taken as part of an undergraduate baccalaureate degree program.
- Prior approval of the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
- Completion of the Charlton Business Foundations Graduate Certificate
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with an enrollment specialist, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Dartmouth Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Online MBA at UMass Dartmouth.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total Per Course*||$1,914|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Charlton College of Business is accredited by the AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university to apply for the MBA. Applicants must include the following materials:
- Graduate application form
- $60 Application fee (credit card if using the web application; otherwise, check or money order)
- GMAT test score
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay describing your motivation and goals in studying for the MBA
- Official college transcripts (listing courses taken, grades and degree(s) received)*
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- International students: TOEFL score report (official copy from ETS or IELTS)
Please note: The GMAT requirement for MBA program admission consideration at UMass Dartmouth is waived if the applicant proves, to UMass Dartmouth's satisfaction, any of the following:
• An earned baccalaureate degree in a business major from a business program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5.
• An earned baccalaureate degree in any major from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 and a minimum five years of post-baccalaureate professional managerial work experience, including supervisory roles, with increased responsibility over that time period.
• An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
• Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MBA course courses.
* Students must provide original transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
All items may be sent together (preferred) or separately, via email or mail. We must have all items to evaluate your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Send materials to:
Graduate Studies Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
The fully online MBA program is designed as a general MBA program. Students who wish to take a more focused program can choose a concentration in either Environmental Policy which is offered with the Department of Public Policy or Sustainable Development which is offered through the Sustainability Studies Program. Each of these is administered outside of the Charlton College of Business. Students interested in either of these concentrations should contact the program directly for further information.
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid