The Charlton Online MBA program is a fully online MBA program designed to provide students an education built on a balance between theory and practice that enables them to be successful in any business environment. We focus on developing the skills necessary to manage any size enterprise from a sole proprietor firm to a global corporation.
Charlton College of Business MBA curriculum incorporates:
- 7 core courses (21 credits)
- 3 business electives (9 credits)
Some students—especially those with undergraduate degrees not in business—may also need to take the required foundation courses. Charlton offers the following special one-semester courses for the MBA applicant who has never taken these courses or feels a review might be in order before beginning the core MBA program:
- ACT 500: Financial Accounting
- FIN 500: Economic Concepts for Managers
- POM 500: Statistical Analysis
Foundation courses may be waived following:
- Completion, with a grade of "B" or better, of the corresponding undergraduate or graduate business course taken as part of an undergraduate baccalaureate degree program.
- Prior approval of the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
- Completion of the Charlton Business Foundations Graduate Certificate
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the Assistant Dean for Graduate Studies, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Dartmouth Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Online MBA at UMass Dartmouth.
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, KANSAS, MARYLAND, and MINNESOTA RESIDENTS: UMass Dartmouth does not presently consider applications for online degree or certificate programs from applicants whose permanent residence is in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland or Minnesota because of the regulations resulting from legislation in these states. For details about regulations in your state that may affect your enrollment in an online program offered by another state, you may wish to consult your state's Department of Education and/or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at http://nc-sara.org/. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, UMass Dartmouth welcomes your application to a face-to-face program only.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total Per Course*||$1863|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and the Charlton College of Business is accredited by the AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university to apply for the MBA. Applicants must include the following materials:
- Graduate application form
- $60 Application fee (credit card if using the web application; otherwise, check or money order)
- GMAT test score
- Statement of purpose: a 1-2 page essay describing your motivation and goals in studying for the MBA
- Official college transcripts (listing courses taken, grades and degree(s) received)*
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- International students: TOEFL score report (official copy from ETS or IELTS)
Please note: The GMAT requirement for MBA program admission consideration at UMass Dartmouth is waived if the applicant proves, to UMass Dartmouth's satisfaction, any of the following:
• An earned baccalaureate degree in a business major from a business program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5.
• An earned baccalaureate degree in any major from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 and a minimum five years of post-baccalaureate professional managerial work experience, including supervisory roles, with increased responsibility over that time period.
• An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, DNP, DBA, etc.) from an accredited institution.
• Licensure in the United States as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Financial Planner. Other certification programs may qualify for this waiver at the discretion of UMass Dartmouth.
Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the MBA course courses.
* Students must provide original transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
All items may be sent together (preferred) or separately, via email or mail. We must have all items to evaluate your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Send materials to:
Graduate Studies Office
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
The fully online MBA program is designed as a general MBA program. Students who wish to take a more focused program can choose a concentration in either Environmental Policy which is offered with the Department of Public Policy or Sustainable Development which is offered through the Sustainability Studies Program. Each of these is administered outside of the Charlton College of Business. Students interested in either of these concentrations should contact the program directly for further information.
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has several financial programs to assist graduate students with the cost of advanced studies. These programs apply to degree-seeking, matriculated students only. Non-degree students who have not received formal admission to the university, often called "Special Students" at UMass Dartmouth, are generally not eligible to receive financial aid.
In order to apply for any financial aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Graduate students are not eligible for federal or state grant programs.
For the most up-to-date information on the financial aid process and scholarship opportunities, please visit the UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid web site at http://www.umassd.edu/financialaid/.