Change your career trajectory by developing data manipulation, visualization, and analytical decision-making skills with the MS in Business Analytics (MSBA). The 10-course, 31-credit MSBA program can be completed at your own pace through our flexible online learning platform.
Rated the 12th best online MSBA program in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (2022), the innovative curriculum taught by experienced faculty will prepare you for a career in business analytics. Coursework includes Business Intelligence, Application Development with Python, Data Mining, Data Science for Business, Data Management for Business Leaders, etc.
Students who completed the MSBA program at Isenberg last year received an average starting salary of $75,000 per year, and are currently working at companies such as Staples, Oracle, Raytheon, and Digital Sports Tech.
Visit the UMass Amherst's Isenberg School of Management's website to learn more about earning your online Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Course registration for all Isenberg online courses is administered by UMass Amherst University Without Walls.
- $925 per credit (31 credits), for an estimated cost of $28,675.
- $507 one-time fee applied once accepted into the program
- $60 registration fee per semester
Isenberg School of Management is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International accreditation is widely regarded as the highest level of accreditation for business schools. Isenberg is part of the one percent of the worlds' 13,000 business programs that have earned this recognition—the hallmark of excellence in management education.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
The Isenberg MSBA is designed for working professionals as well as recent college graduates. Prior business education is not required to be admitted into the program but it may exempt you from some foundational coursework. The program accepts applicants from a wide range of academic fields and professional disciplines. All applicants are required to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution of acceptable standing.
- Coursework in subjects such as calculus, statistics or probability is encouraged, but not required.
GMAT/GRE Waivers Available
A GMAT/GRE waiver is granted for an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE score (waiver may apply)
- TOEFL score (if applicable)
- Fall Start - Priority: June 1, Final: July 15
- Spring Start - Priority: October 1, Final: November 15
- Summer Start - Priority: February 1, Final: March 15
Graduate financial aid options are available for Isenberg online MSBA students. For more information, please contact the Graduate Financial Aid Services at 413-577-0555 or www.umass.edu/umfa/graduate-students.
For more information, please visit the Isenberg website or contact us at:
Isenberg School of Management - UMass Amherst
Graduate Programs Office