Develop the professional skills necessary to assume leadership positions in the administration of criminal justice agencies with UMass Lowell's online Master's Degree in Criminal Justice.
Established in 1984 and named one of the best in the country, UMass Lowell's Master's Degree in Criminal Justice program has a long history of producing dedicated, well-rounded students who are in top demand by federal, state and local agencies.
- Ranked a Top Online Criminal Justice Master's Degree Program by TheBestColleges.org
- Named a "Best Buy" Online Criminal Justice Master's Degree Program by GetEducated.com
- Named a Top Online Criminal Justice Master's Degree Program by GoGrad.org
The online criminal justice degree features integrated, academically rigorous and empirically oriented criminal justice courses, and serves students who:
- seek a master's degree as a prerequisite for entry into the criminal justice field
- are currently in service in the criminal justice system and wish to broaden their skills by obtaining job-related knowledge and expertise
- are currently working in the criminal justice system and are seeking to specialize and/or work in some other area of the system
- are currently working in the criminal justice system or soon will be and are looking to obtain the training and expertise necessary for teaching criminal justice courses
In addition, this program will meet the needs of students preparing for doctoral work in criminal justice or related fields.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit UMass Lowell's Master of Arts in Criminal Justice webpage for more information.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging in to the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$575|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non-payment||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,755 ($575 x 3 credits = $1,725 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978-934-2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned many awards for its distance learning programs, faculty, and technology including:
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
2. Provide a statement of purpose indicating your immediate and long-range goals, relevant work history, academic honors/awards received, any teaching experience and/or research conducted/published that may be pertinent to your graduate program (two-page maximum recommended).
3. Provide two letters of recommendation.
4. Provide a complete and official transcript with appropriate degrees awarded in a sealed envelope. Include transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. If you received your degree from UMass Lowell, it is not necessary for you to request a transcript from the UMass Lowell Registrar's Office.
5. No GRE required.
6. If you are applying for Financial Aid, please fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
For additional information on the application process for UMass Lowell's Online Graduate degrees and certificates, visit https://www.uml.edu/grad/.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.