UMass Lowell has a national reputation as a respected provider of high-quality engineering education at all levels through the doctorate. In response to popular demand, UMass Lowell's Francis College of Engineering is now offering its traditional Master's Degree in Engineering Management in an online format for qualified students.
Technical professionals and engineers can enhance their management and leadership skills through in-depth study of business principles and practices. Students who hold non-engineering or business undergraduate degrees can deepen their technical expertise through a specially selected list of engineering courses.
Three concentration areas are available in this 12-course graduate online program:
- Design and Manufacturing - Courses in mechanical engineering, plastics manufacturing, industrial design and quality control.
- Operations and Supply Management - Courses in occupational safety, work environment, supply chain management, and lean manufacturing.
- Engineering Services/Infrastructure Management - Courses in civil engineering.
Courses are offered throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- UMass Lowell has a strong national reputation for high-quality engineering degree programs.
- UMass Lowell was a pioneer in online education and has been offering online programs worldwide for over 20 years.
- Three concentration areas allow professionals from a variety of industries to customize their program of study around their professional interests.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Lowell's Master's Degree in Engineering Management.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell’s New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Existing students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$575|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non Payment||$50|
|Total for course**||$1755 (575x3crds. = 1725+ 30 registration fee per sem.)|
|Graduate Degree Application Fee||$50|
|First Year Graduate Student Services Fee||$200|
|Returned Check Fee per Semester||$30|
*Applicable when checks returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website or call (800)480-3190.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated.
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass Ranked 2nd Among Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees by Online Degree Reviews.com
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell’s Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- A number of UMass Lowell online courses have received Blackboard's National Catalyst Awards for Exemplary Online Courses
- A BS degree in any engineering or science discipline, or in Industrial Management or Operations Research with a GPA of at least 3.0. Students with industrial or management experience and a bachelor's degree in another area can be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Graduate Admissions Application and application fee
- GRE score, minimum to be determined by the MSEM admission committee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- For international students: TOEFL of 79 or greater or IELTS of 6.5 or greater
Please refer to UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions website at http://www.uml.edu/GRAD for detailed information about each of these requirements.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
One University Ave.
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
Lowell, MA 01854-5104
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org