UMass Lowell has a national reputation as a respected provider of high-quality engineering education programs at all levels through the doctorate. In response to popular demand, UMass Lowell's Francis College of Engineering is now offering its traditional Master of Science in Engineering Management in an online format for qualified students.
Technical professionals and engineers can enhance their management and leadership skills through in-depth study of business principles and practices. Students who hold non-engineering or business undergraduate degrees can deepen their technical expertise through a specially selected list of engineering courses.
Three concentration areas are available in this 12-course graduate online program:
- Design and Manufacturing: Features courses in mechanical engineering, plastics manufacturing, industrial design, and quality control
- Operations and Supply Management: Features courses in occupational safety, work environment, supply chain management, and lean manufacturing
- Engineering Services/Infrastructure Management: Features courses in civil engineering
Courses are offered throughout the year, during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- UMass Lowell has a strong national reputation for high-quality engineering degree programs.
- UMass Lowell was a pioneer in online education and has been offering online programs worldwide for over 20 years.
- Three concentration areas allow professionals from a variety of industries to customize their program of study around their professional interests.
Learn More About This Program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on Inquire Now .
For more information, visit UMass Lowell's website.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$585 - $655|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non-payment||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,785 - $1,995 (fee per credit x 3 credits = tuition plus a $30 per semester registration fee)|
|Graduate Degree Application Fee||$75|
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For registration information, visit UMass Lowell's website.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
- A BS degree in any engineering or science discipline, Industrial Management or Operations Research with a GPA of at least 3.0. Students with industrial or management experience and a bachelor's degree in another area can be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Graduate admissions application and application fee
- GRE score, minimum to be determined by the MSEM admission committee. GRE waiver available.
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- For international students: TOEFL of 79 or greater or IELTS of 6.5 or greater
Please refer to UMass Lowell's Office of Graduate Admissions website at https://www.uml.edu/grad/ for more information.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please contact the Solution Center at 978-934-2000 or https://www.uml.edu/thesolutioncenter/financial-aid/ to determine eligibility.