The Department of Curriculum and Instruction is offering a M.Ed. Vision Studies (Orientation and Mobility). The 37-credit online graduate curriculum and resulting degree is regionally accessible across the six New England states with locally-based field experience coordinated throughout the two-year program of study. Students completing the 37-credit web-based curriculum are eligible to sit for the National Professional Certification Examination of the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals. Orientation and Mobility Specialists teach both children and adults with vision loss safety and confidence in independent travel skills.
- Commitment to student experience
- Flexibility and convenience
First rate faculty and advisors
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please complete the request form to the right.
Click here for more information on the M.Ed. Vision Studies (Orientation and Mobility).
RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, MARYLAND, AND MINNESOTA:
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details. Click here for information on distance education authorization in other states.
Please contact the program advisor for information on tuition and fees.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
The Master's Program invites applications from individuals with a variety of academic and experiential backgrounds who hold baccalaureate degrees from an accredited institution.
Admission is competitive - Apply early! Here's how…
Admission criteria include:
1. Graduate Application: Apply Online
2. A personal interview with the program faculty;
3. A statement of interests and intent;
4. Three letters of recommendation from former teachers familiar with the applicant's recent academic work, or from employers familiar with his or her professional ability;
5. A score on the Miller Analogies Test (Please note: A test score is not required if the applicant holds an advanced degree from a U.S. university);
6. An updated resume.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Please review our Financial Aid Checklist below.
- Fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Boston school code number 002222.
- Next, download your required Financial Aid Forms here.
- Check your financial aid status using WISER.
- For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact Financial Aid Services at 617.287.6300 or at email@example.com.