The Master of Science in Nursing program prepares you to be a leader in nursing and healthcare education or in global public health. Select one of two concentrations and earn your MS in Nursing completely online. Courses are asynchronous, which allows you to learn on your schedule.
Both concentrations provide the student with the foundational knowledge of healthcare systems, healthcare policy, nursing research methods, and healthcare informatics. You will apply your new knowledge in various practice settings, and a final capstone project prepares you for practice.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Nursing.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total per Course*||$1,959|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Our nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registered Nursing.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Applicants to the MS program must:
- Submit a statement of purpose (Minimum of 300 words)
- Submit a resume
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate study.
- Registered Nurses with a bachelor degree in a related field may seek admission through the GAP program.
- Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in the state where you live.
- Submit 2 letters of reference that document competence, leadership and professional integrity in nursing practice.
May 15, 2017 to start on July 17, 2017
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact the Professional and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.