The Master of Science in Nursing program prepares you to be a leader in nursing and healthcare education or in global public health. Select one of two concentrations and earn your MS in Nursing completely online. Courses are asynchronous, which allows you to learn on your schedule.
Both concentrations provide the student with the foundational knowledge of healthcare systems, healthcare policy, nursing research methods, and healthcare informatics. You will apply your new knowledge in various practice settings, and a final capstone project prepares you for practice.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Nursing.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total per Course*||$1,959|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Our nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registered Nursing.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
Applicants to the MS program must:
- Submit a statement of purpose (Minimum of 300 words)
- Submit a resume
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate study.
- Registered Nurses with a bachelor degree in a related field may seek admission through the GAP program.
- Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in the state where you live.
- Submit 2 letters of reference that document competence, leadership and professional integrity in nursing practice.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid. Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at studentaid.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.