Early behavioral intervention is the key to successful treatment of autism. UMass Lowell's Department of Psychology in collaboration with the Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center offers an award-winning online Applied Behavior Analysis: BCBA Coursework Preparation graduate certificate program taught by expert behavior analysts. This program provides the Behavior Analysis Certification Board's verified course sequence as preparation for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam.
This online graduate certificate program is designed to provide professionals in psychology, education, child care, speech and language disorders, mental health and human services with an understanding of autism and related developmental disorders, as well as an introduction to behavioral methods and how and where such methods can be used.
- Verified course sequence for BCBA exam
- Taught by expert behavior analysts
- Winner of Online Learning Consortium's Excellence Award for Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on Inquire Now to the right.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging in to the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$575|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Late Fee for Non-payment||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,755 ($575 x 3 credits = $1,725 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
Graduate Certificate Application Fee: $50
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell's Registrar's Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar's Office at 978-934-2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
The University of Massachusetts has earned many awards for its distance learning programs, faculty, and technology including:
- Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services and Psychology Professionals by GetEducated.com
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
For admission into the Graduate Certificate Program in Applied Behavior Analysis: BCBA Coursework Preparation, please complete and submit UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate Program application form. For more information on the admissions process and in-state/out-of-state application fee information, please visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Admissions website at www.uml.edu/GRAD.
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility. For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.