The online Graduate Certificate Program in Cybersecurity consists of four graduate online courses in network security, digital forensics, network infrastructures, and secure mobile networks. Offered by UMass Lowell's Computer Science Department through the Division of Online and Continuing Education, this program differs from traditional graduate computer science courses in its focus on application-specific details, case studies and the operational framework required by today's IT professionals.
Individuals interested in advancing their knowledge of network threats, data encryption, wireless network security, data authentication, data recovery and forensics, network architecture, and emerging network technologies will benefit from this program.
The program is particularly appropriate for Systems Administrators, Network Managers, and other IT professionals who have an undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related majors. Applicants should be familiar with C Programming and have a math background that includes at least Pre-Calculus Math, Statistics and a first course in Discrete Structures. Other than these general certificate program requirements, the certificate program courses do not have specific prerequisites and may be taken in any order.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information on this program, please click on Inquire Now to the right.
Click here for more information on UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate Program in Cybersecurity.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell's New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee Per Credit||$590|
|Registration Fee Per Semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee Per Semester*||$30|
|Graduate Certificate Application Fee||$50|
|Total for Course**||$1,800 ($590 x 3 credits = $1,770 + $30 registration fee per semester)|
*Applicable when check is returned unpaid.
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard three-credit course.
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell's Division of Online and Continuing Education Website.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
To apply into this certificate program, please complete and submit an application online. For more information on the admission process, please visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Admissions website at www.uml.edu/GRAD.
- A transcript showing proof of completion of an undergraduate BS or BA degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical experience to include a minimum of one semester of Pre-Calculus, one semester of Discrete Mathematics and one semester of Statistics, or the equivalent experience
- C Programming proficiency, to include a minimum of one class of C Programming and one class of Data Structures, or the equivalent experience
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility. For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 978-934-4220 or email email@example.com.