The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership is designed for professionals currently working in or aspiring to work in managerial positions in business, nonprofit, or governmental organizations. The business skills needed in today's leadership roles include the ability to lead, motivate, and empower others; the skills to design and implement high-performing organizational structures; and the ability to manage change in today's dynamic and increasingly internationalized work environment.
The Organizational Leadership Certificate is a great option for current undergraduate students who want to continue their education at the graduate level or for fully-employed individuals interested in career advancement or professional development.
Those completing the Certificate program can expect to:
- Develop an understanding of key components for leadership, motivation, and empowerment of others.
- Apply strategies for effective management of change processes and initiatives.
- Utilize principles of organizational design and structures that facilitate high-performance work system.
- Develop an understanding of corporate social responsibility and its impact on organizational effectiveness.
This Certificate can be completed in one year, and nine out of the twelve credits can also be applied toward an MBA degree from the Charlton College of Business at UMass Dartmouth.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now .
Click here for more information on the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership.
Registration is administered through Online & Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,914|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). The Charlton College of Business at UMass Dartmouth is accredited by the AACSB, and this program has been designed to comply fully with AACSB accreditation standards.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth has earned several awards for its online programs including:
- First UMass approved as a SARA Institution in Massachusetts – September 12, 2018
- UMass Dartmouth is ranked as a Tier 1 National Research University - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 3rd for best online colleges in Massachusetts - College Choice, Affordable Colleges Online
- The College of Nursing is listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., 98th of 1,000 - U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked 10th in the nation for best online bachelor's degree in accounting - College Choice
- Ranked 11th for online MBA in healthcare management programs - The Best Schools
- Ranked 6th of 33 Massachusetts schools for affordability of online programs - College Choice
- Ranked 26th nationally for the MS in Healthcare Management offered by Charlton College of Business - Master's Program Guide
- Excellence in Online Teaching - Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Ranked 7th nationally for most affordable online colleges for bachelor's degrees - College Choice
- Ranked 10th for best online master's programs in public policy nationwide - Best Colleges
- Ranked in the top 11% nationally for best value college, based on return on investment. - Payscale
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts - Accounting Degree Review
- Online MBA program ranked in the top 33% nationwide - U.S. News & World Report
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience - Military Friendly
1. Earned Baccalaureate Degree
All applicants to the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in the United States or comparable non-U.S. degree/diploma from a recognized foreign institution of higher education at the time of matriculation. A copy of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, must be submitted as part of the application process. Applicants may hold a degree in any field.
2. Graduate School Application for US Citizens/International Applicants
All applicants must complete and submit UMass Dartmouth's Graduate School Application online for a fee of $60.00. Students must follow the complete admissions guidelines outlined through the Office of Graduate Studies.
3. Statement of Purpose (Essay)
All applicants are required to submit an essay of 400-500 words explaining their interest in the program and purpose for applying to the program. The essay should include the applicant's previous organizational leadership experience in theory and practice, as well as future intentions for practical application of learning outcomes from the program.
4. Current resume or a curriculum vitae
5. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth does not require a TOEFL from U.S. citizens or citizens of countries where English is the official language (i.e., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa). Applicants whose native language in not English must demonstrate proficiency. English proficiency can be demonstrated by taking the TOEFL, which is administered worldwide. TOEFL scores are valid for five years from the date of anticipated matriculation in the EPCP. This requirement is waived only for those who had English as their primary language for secondary school or college instruction or who have successfully completed one year of advanced secondary school or college/university study in the U.S. A minimum TOEFL score of 72 is required on the Internet-Based Test (IBT), and a minimum score of 533 is required for the Paper-Based Test (PBT). For information about testing locations and dates, contact the Educational Testing Service, Rosedale Road, Princeton, NJ 08541 USA, 609-921-9000 (phone), or www.toefl.org. ETS must report official scores to us, using UMass Dartmouth’s school code (3786).
Your UMass Dartmouth education is an investment in your future. There are a number of ways to finance your education including grants, scholarships, and loans. Your workplace may offer reimbursement for education if you check with the Human Resources Department where you work.
To be eligible for grants and loans, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, and be taking at least 6 credits per semester.
You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to receive UMassD need-based education loans and grants. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program, and taking at least 6 credits per semester.
By submitting your completed FAFSA, you may be eligible for a number of need-based grants or loans. Learn more about need-based aid