The Online Graduate Certificate Program in Systems Models and Management consists of four graduate online courses that focus on operating systems management, large-scale application deployment, network and systems administration, and managing virtual systems. Offered by UMass Lowell's Computer Science Department through its Division of Continuing Studies, this program differs from traditional graduate computer science courses in its focus on application-specific details, case studies and the operational framework required by today's IT professionals.
Individuals interested in advancing their knowledge of contemporary operating systems deployment, network and systems administration, lifecycle management of large-scale applications, and managing virtual hardware and software configurations will benefit from this program.
The program is particularly appropriate for Systems Administrators, Network Managers, and other IT professionals who have an undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related majors. Applicants should be familiar with C Programming and have a math background that includes at least Pre-Calculus Math, Statistics and a first course in Discrete Structures. Other than these general certificate program requirements, the certificate program courses do not have specific prerequisites and may be taken in any order.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information on this program, please click on inquire now to the right.
Visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate Program in Systems Models and Management webpage for more information.
RESIDENTS OF ARKANSAS, KANSAS AND MINNESOTA
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is not presently accepting applications or registrations for online courses, degrees or certificate programs from residents of Arkansas, Kansas or Minnesota. Due to recent legislative changes the University of Massachusetts Lowell is not seeking state authorization to offer online programs in those states. State and federal laws require colleges and universities to receive state authorization to offer online programs in states other than their own. Current UML students that move their residence to one of these states should contact Catherine_Hamilton@uml.edu in Online and Continuing Education to determine their eligibility to continue their program of study.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell’s New Student Non-Degree Course Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per credit||$575|
|Registration Fee per semester||$30|
|Returned Check Fee per semester*||$30|
|Graduate Certificate Application Fee||$50|
|First Year Student Services Fee||$175|
|Total for course**||$1755 (575x3crds. = 1725 + 30 registration fee per sem.)|
*applicable when checks returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell’s Continuing Studies Website at https://continuinged.uml.edu/general/registration.cfm. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell’s Registrar’s Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 978.934.2550.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
To apply into this certificate program, please complete and submit UMass Lowell's Graduate Certificate Program Application Form. For more information on the admission process and in-state/out-of-state application fee information, please visit UMass Lowell's Graduate Admissions website at www.uml.edu/GRAD.
- A transcript showing proof of completion of an undergraduate BS or BA degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical experience to include a minimum of one semester of Pre-Calculus, one semester of Discrete Mathematics and one semester of Statistics, or the equivalent experience
- C Programming proficiency, to include a minimum of one class of C Programming and one class of Data Structures, or the equivalent experience
Submit all required items to:
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Office of Graduate Admissions
Cumnock Hall, Suite 110
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854-5130
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell's Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (978) 934-4220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.