Project management is an essential skill in today’s business world. Organizations are faced with increasing pressure to complete projects within shorter time frames and with smaller budgets than in the past. Professionals need a workable method to ensure that their projects are profitable and aligned with the strategic goals of their organization.
Practical Project Management provides professionals with the essential skills they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive job market. Materials in this class are based on the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Fourth Edition, Project Management Institute (PMI®), Inc., 2008. This highly interactive course combines expert instruction with case studies and team exercises. In addition to technical competencies, the course covers the human and political aspects of project management by using examples from students’ own projects.
When you complete this course, you'll be ready to assume the role of Project Manager and you'll receive the 35 educational contact hours (3.5 CEUs) required to apply for PMP certification.
- Students will learn how to Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, and Monitor & Close a project
- Students with gain essential skills they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive job market.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Practical Project Management Program.
Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Fee per course||$1015-$1160 per course|
|Late Reg. Fee per semester*||$0|
|Returned Check Fee per semester**||$28|
|Total for course||
$1015 - $1160
Click here to browse our course listings.
*applicable when you register after deadline; non-refundable unless course has been cancelled
** applicable when checks returned unpaid
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London's Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President's Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services & Psychology Professionals, 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell's Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 'Excellence in Online Teaching' Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)