The UMass Dartmouth Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program in Accounting prepares students for careers in public accounting, management accounting, government, and auditing.
The BS in Accounting degree program is fully online and for students with a minimum of 24 college credits. This program requires students to complete 120 credits, and includes hands-on work experience through internship programs. With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Accounting students learn how to:
- Apply accounting concepts, standards, and regulations to prepare, audit, and analyze financial statements and tax reports
- Prepare, analyze, and communicate information for financial planning, control, investing, and decision making
- Apply concepts and methods used in internal control and the auditing process
- Use accounting systems to conduct and control operations
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, KANSAS, MARYLAND, and MINNESOTA RESIDENTS: UMass Dartmouth does not presently consider applications for online degree or certificate programs from applicants whose permanent residence is in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland or Minnesota because of the regulations resulting from legislation in these states. For details about regulations in your state that may affect your enrollment in an online program offered by another state, you may wish to consult your state's Department of Education and/or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at http://nc-sara.org/. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, UMass Dartmouth welcomes your application to a face-to-face program only.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course (Online Only)||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Campus Center Fee (On Campus Only)||$15|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,245-$1,344|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). And the Charlton College of Business at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is accredited by AACSB International.
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell’s Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- ‘Excellence in Online Teaching’ Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to the University Extension. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
1. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
2. International students should contact the University Extension admissions counselor before applying.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact University Extension - Online and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.