The Bachelor of Arts in Economics with Healthcare Services Administration Concentration degree completion program is for healthcare professionals holding an associate degree who want to advance their careers as managers or supervisors. If you have not earned an associates degree and would like to be considered for this program, please consult with our admissions team at 508-999-9202.
Healthcare administration professionals make decisions every day that help improve the lives of their patients. They're responsible for planning, directing and coordinating health services, and working closely with medical staff to positively impact patient care.
Is this program right for you?
Students who enter the program often have experience in the healthcare field, having worked as:
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- Dental hygienist or dental assistant
- Occupational therapy assistant or physical therapy assistant
- Radiology technician
- Respiratory technician
The field of health administration is growing fast, and so is the demand for qualified candidates to fill the growing number of jobs. Employers seek people with very specific credentials in the field.
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
Click here for more information on the Bachelor of Arts in Economics with Healthcare Services Administration Concentration.
ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, KANSAS, MARYLAND, and MINNESOTA RESIDENTS: UMass Dartmouth does not presently consider applications for online degree or certificate programs from applicants whose permanent residence is in Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland or Minnesota because of the regulations resulting from legislation in these states. For details about regulations in your state that may affect your enrollment in an online program offered by another state, you may wish to consult your state's Department of Education and/or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at http://nc-sara.org/. If you are a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, UMass Dartmouth welcomes your application to a face-to-face program only.
Registration is administered through University Extension at UMass Dartmouth. Students will be invoiced. Please see Fee Schedule below.
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Technology Fee per course (Online Only)||$150|
|Library Access Fee||$18|
|Campus Center Fee (On Campus Only)||$15|
|Registration Fee (per semester)||$30|
|Total for a three credit course*||$1,245-$1,344|
Click here to browse our course listings.
* Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
The University of Massachusetts is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Did you know?
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication & Public Relations Degrees, 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges- September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council , 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program, UMass Lowell’s Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- ‘Excellence in Online Teaching’ Award, Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence, University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching, Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education, U.S. World Reports
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education - United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Eligible students for the Bachelor of Arts in Economics, have completed at least 24 transferable credit hours at an accredited college or university. Students are accepted into this program on a rolling admissions basis and each application is reviewed when the student's file is complete. Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
As this is a degree completion program, students may be accepted through the UMass Dartmouth transfer credit policy. Student Support advisors are available to answer your questions and discuss how this program can fit your educational goals.
Students will work with an academic advisor to review their transfer credits and course plans.
A $30.00 application fee is needed at the time of processing. You will not be able to submit your application without credit card payment of the non-refundable application fee at the time of submission. We currently accept Visa and MasterCard.
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with your program manager or advisor to determine your eligibility. Generally, if you are matriculated in a degree program and are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits each semester, you may qualify for financial aid.
Students who are admitted to the program should review our Financial Aid Checklist, and fill out the FAFSA form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. It is important to list the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth school code number 002210.
- Please renew your FAFSA form every year.
- When you register for classes, please contact University Extension - Online and Continuing Education at UMass Dartmouth at (508) 999-9202 to let them know you have applied/are applying for financial aid.
For more information or if you have further questions, please contact UMass Dartmouth Financial Aid Office at (508) 999-8632 or at email@example.com.